How do I make a list and/or list elements?

How do I make a list? I did not see an option under Styles. Any input as to going about doing this would be great.

Hi @andrew_louis93 we don’t have support for lists quite yet, but there is a workaround. You can add an “embed” element onto the page and copy paste html code.

<ul class="list-class">
  <li>first item</li>
  <li>second item</li>
  <li>third item</li>
</ul> 

You can replace “list-class” with any class you have created in Webflow. Hope this helps!

Another way to do this is to add unicode characters as the first character in a newline in your “p” (paragraph) element:

The code for this is quite simple:

1 Like

@andrew_louis93 We just added experimental list support to the app. You can find the List item in the Basic section of the Add “+” tab:

Note: These are only meant for block-level list items (e.g. wrapping navigation items) for the time being. We will be adding rich-text lists in the future that are better suited for text-based lists.

I’m trying to make a couple lists, and it seems that the only way to add text to a list item is to drag a text block onto it, thus adding an unnecessary <div> inside the <li>. Is that right?

@michaelrkn we’re pushing some new features in the next couple weeks that will allow you to double click on an empty block (li, div, etc) and add plan text inside that won’t be wrapped in a <div>.

@michaelrkn, you can now double-click on a list item to edit text directly inside of it without having to drag a text block into it :smile:

3 Likes

Sweet! Works great :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 85 days. New replies are no longer allowed.