How about a permanent "Updates" Topic?

One thing i’m noticing about Webflow regarding updates is that there are a lot of little updates that come at random times. Only the large feature updates get an accompanying blog post so unless you happen upon a random thread where the Webflow team mentions that they made a tweak here and there then you may never know about such enhancements.

So I’m suggesting that maybe it would be a good idea to have a pinned topic to be used as a place to announce all of the smaller enhancements that are implemented. This way I could follow this thread and be notified whenever an update has been added to Webflow no matter how small.

What do you think?

1 Like

@bryantay, how about if we create a page on our help site (help.webflow.com) with a list of updates that are put into production on a daily basis, so you can see if anything new has been released. I think it is a good idea. Then we can create a pinned topic for Updates in Forum, with link to updates page that is updated on our docs site. Would that work for you? I am doing some updates right now, so I can add this in.

2 Likes

I like that. And think it’s a great idea.

2 Likes

Hi @bryantay actually, looking at this and I forgot that we also have this page:

This page is listing all new updates, and has the past updates there too. Is this sufficient, or do you need a second reference?

Cheers!

Works for me!

Took me a while to figure out how to get to that page. Maybe the link is a little hidden. But yes, that’s what I was looking for.

@bryantay, Yes, this list will be updated with all confirmed updates. One nice thing, you can see in this list too, if the update was a Tweak or Bug Fix or Light Feature or Feature (a Feature is something major, like Lightbox). We can still add some info to our Help topics, to show how to view this/access this in Webflow, so it is more clear :smile:

Cheers !

Ho great! I just discovered “Add elements by clicking” which is great because it’s sometime delicate to place them where you want exactly.

Could this behaviour be extended to Symbols please?