Help needed with CMS Collections when trying to insert items

Hello all,

I am new in using Webflow and I am loving it already. I come from years of using WordPress. This is the first time I am trying to build a CMS on my own and though I understand what is the difference between a Collection and an Item. The platform notified me saying I reached the limit of numbers of collections allowed. I actually saw in my settings that have 46 collections even though my CMS plan offers 20 collections. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I am trying to build a language learning database where I have 3-4 collections in my CMS with items inside the collections of course. I am having a hard time figuring out how to resolve the issue by having so many collections, so I can proceed with continuing populating my collections with items.

I have purchased a template so there are already some premade collections but they don’t seem that many to me. I’ve been searching everywhere to find an answer but I am really stuck and don’t know how to continue from here.

I would appreciate it if any of you could please take a look at my template/site to let me know how I can perhaps resolve this.

1. Have I really surpassed the collection limit of 20?
  2. Then how can I actually build 1 collection let’s say called “Word of the day” with 260 entries/items in the collection?

Thank you in advance for the kind help.
Giorgia

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/italian-membership-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=italian-membership-project&preview=700d6873d2b7cdae3de4e7d1ad5a3cb3&mode=preview

Hi Giorgia

A collection is a group of items.

So here you have the collections - Words of the Dat, Italian tags etc.
and the number of items in each. On the CMS plan you can have 2000 items in total, across many Collections.
What plan are you on?

AH! I think I see the problem. You have bought a template, but I think you have NOT bought the CMS Site plan. So you can’t edit anything in the CMS. There should be a gear icon next to the Collections so that you can edit them.

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for your response. I bought the CMS hosting plan already. So for what I’m paying I should be getting 2000 items.

Am I missing something? Was I supposed to purchase something else then?

Thanks again in advance for helping me brainstorm on the issue.
Giorgia

Ok, that should be all you need. I’ve had another look, but it’s time to talk to Webflow Customer Support | Webflow University - they have a chat bot to get things going

Thank you for the help Jonathan. I did email support already 4 days ago but I haven’t heard back. I will post the solution when I hear back from them.

Yikes, that’s not good.

1 Like

Hello,
so I finally heard back from the Webflow support. And they have resolved the issue for me. So I’ll leave the response below in case someone else runs into the same problem as I did.

In short, when I purchased my template and then consequently added the CMS plan to my account, the system did not reload my CMS item limit when I added the Hosting plan. I contacted support, and they had to do this for me manually.

So for anyone that gets a message saying you ran out of the number of collections/items on your account, but you know you have purchased more, you must contact support for them to fix this issue. :100: :+1:t2:

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

1 Like