Having "Refresh to Sync Changes" Issues

Me too. I hope they will fix it soon :slight_smile:

@Tom1 I’m not seeing any errors in your site, are you still running into it?
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolio-af8b51?preview=fe4c2c6d9d467ccadc0918ce253ef2a2

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

@pupinko are you running into this error on any of your sites? If so can you please send me your site Read-Only link? Thanks in advance!

I am actually! Is there an option that one of Chrome extensions is causing this trouble? I just tried to deactivate all of them, refresh the webflow to see what will happen. When the sceen pops up again, i´ll take a screenshot.
Thanks for your response, Waldo!

1 Like

Here it goes for me also…

There is basically nothing in this project except for 1 section, 1 container and 1 heading…

Also I’m not able to publish anything, the designer won’t let me.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolio-laurent?preview=c559394cf7861d519a078fff00eb77c0

Me to. cant work. trying to edit at RTB. No chance.

Me to, wont allow me to enter any text, keep getting the “Refresh to Sync Changes” come up and revert to original text

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/jamesvines?preview=feedee2d8fa2f4b0d0ce51826f48dc38

Me to…

• Getting the “Refresh to Sync Changes” error message.
  • Not able to or edit paragraphs or headings.
  • When I export I get an old version of the site.

Hi @YoavGivati

I don’t have any divs inside any p or h1. But I can’t edit RTB. if I try and mark/select text. it wont let me write or do anyting and I cant se the DOM or the settings.

Anything new news?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Getting error when editing text using on-page editor

@krubens, @Jimv76, @danbanan, and @krubens. Seems like there was a bug with a deploy that went out today. The fix should already be live. If you refresh the designer the text editing, publishing, and modal issues should be fixed.

1 Like

Just now… :confused:

@Tom1 Could you try do a hard refresh cmd/ctrl + shift + R It looks like this may be due to the bug today.

Mmm, I am sorry to say this, but the window keeps poping up. I deleted cookies, pressed ctrl + shift + r couple of times, restarted computer. Should I reinstall chrome? I tried to open webflow in inkognito mode.
I purchased webflow just one week ago and have a deadline next friday and lots of work in front of me.
Two days ago, it was impossible to select a div or edit a text, today i still have that popup problem.

@Tom1 If you refresh the designer, go to the page you’re experiencing it on, and before making any changes hit ctrl/cmd+s to save, does it show the modal?

No. Nothing had happened. Sometimes it takes 10 - 20 minutes before it starts to happen. But once the pop up show up for the first time, nearly any action pops it up again.

[UPDATE] Yes, once the window appeared for the first time, any time i pressed Ctrl + S, it popped up again.

@Tom1 hmm, sounds like there’s an active issue in your case causing it while working, but it’s not being persisted. The modal shows when there’s a difference between what's in the html of the designer canvas and what's in the data model we persist to the backend.

I’m looking into it on our side to identify a cause, but a couple other possibilities could include a chrome extension or copy/pasting text from a source that’s adding strange tags in the content like a word processor.

You should see the modal the first save after the strange html is introduced during a session and the designer should auto-save fairly frequently. If you can narrow down the steps just before it starts happening after a refresh, it would narrow down the cause.

Thanks to everyone here for your patience and help with this. I’m also working on some fixes to auto clean up some of the common cases that don’t seem recurrent.

Hi there! I have the same issue right now. Error all the time. Can’t work :frowning:
Hoped to get feedback!
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wokei?preview=991c9f874e6539a3726c5755018da50b

@Tyzhik I see an issue on the Экзамен HSK, Лагеря, and Лагеря Copy pages.

The good news is it’s easily fixable.
The better news is we just pushed some code to auto-fix the cases reported in this thread so far, including yours. :sunny: :sparkles: :flashlight:

If you visit those pages now you should no longer see the modal.

It is still happening on every website I do since I purchased Webflow. How is that possible…
It is really difficult to work and I do not really enjoy using it anymore.
Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Hi @Tom1

Thanks for posting about this. What sites are you seeing this issue occur on?

​Thanks in advance, and I’m standing by for your reply.