Unsynced Changes error message

I keep getting this error message for unsynced changes when working in Webflow (grab attached). No one else is editing the site and isn’t open in any other browser? Does anyone have any ideas why this is suddenly happening and how to stop it?

Thanks45

Hi @sparky, thanks for reporting this behavior. There was an update pushed out recently that is designed to prevent multiple instances of the designer being loaded for the same site on different browser tabs or in different browser windows.

I am here to help, just to confirm, when you say the site is not opened in another browser, do you mean that there are no other browser tabs with the same site loaded in the designer?

Is it possible for you to share the read-only link to the site? Share a read-only link | Webflow University, if you wish to send me a private message with the site link, or send mail to support@webflow.com, we can look at that privately.

Did you by any chance get the error when pressing cmd+s or ctrl+s to save the site ?

Was there any other errors or strange things happen that you can recall, report?

Also, I would check is to make sure that your browser is running the latest updates, and to see if there are any browser extensions loaded that might be conflicting with the Webflow browser code.

A good way to check if browser extensions are conflicting, is to open the browser in Incognito mode (in Chrome) or Private Window mode (in Safari) and reload the site in the designer.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Hi Dave

Just to confirm, when you say the site is not opened in another browser, do you mean that there are no other browser tabs with the same site loaded in the designer?

Yes, that’s right

Is it possible for you to share the read-only link to the site? Share a read-only link | Webflow University, if you wish to send me a private message with the site link, or send mail to support@webflow.com, we can look at that privately.

Have just sent it to you.

Did you by any chance get the error when pressing cmd+s or ctrl+s to save the site ?

It just seems to happen randomly. Saving doesn’t seem to cause the problem.

Was there any other errors or strange things happen that you can recall, report?

Nothing I can think of.

A good way to check if browser extensions are conflicting, is to open the browser in Incognito mode (in Chrome) or Private Window mode (in Safari) and reload the site in the designer.

Have opened in Incognito mode in Chrome and so far it hasn’t happened although only been using it for a few minutes.

I am experiencing this same problem.

This has been triggering me the last few days.
Even when no other window is open it appears.

I can confirm this is still happening when used in Incognito mode on Chrome.

@sparky @derrick.dk @lgriffen

Thanks for the update on this issue.

Our team is working to push a fix for this now and we should have one soon.

I’ll be sure to post back with an update as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance for your patience :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sparky @derrick.dk @lgriffen

Can you all please refresh the designer and check to see if the issue is resolved?

If you are still experiencing issues, can you please provide the following information:

-What are you doing when the pop up shows?
-How fast their internet speed (we found that this is a contributing factor to this issue)?
-What browser / version and machine are you using?

​Thanks in advance, and I’m standing by for your reply.

I haven’t seen the issue within the last day so all good over here for now

1 Like

Fine for me too. Thanks for the fix.

1 Like

This has just started happening again unfortunately.

Hi @sparky, Sorry to hear about the continued trouble.

Can you let me now what kind of connection you are using to the internet and also, when you are making some changes to a project and the project auto-saves, can you tell me about how long it takes to make an average save before the green checkmark shows?

Thanks in advance

Hi Dave,

I’m on what seems to me to be a stable, wifi connection. It takes about 5 seconds before the green tick mark appears.

Once thing I did notice yesterday was that it took a while for the site to preview. I had to press the eye icon several times for it to work. This aspect is back to normal today it seems.

The error message was much less frequent that it had been originally. Haven’t had it today so far but haven’t been using Weblfow as much.

1 Like

Thanks for that update @sparky.

I’m happy to hear you’ve not run into this issue again. Please post back here if you do see that Unsynced Changes Modal without another instances of the Designer open. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.