Grid span - how to get the grid-child resize handler?

When i select grid-child (div inside) no transform handles (Or transform handles in wrong spot). Looks like a bug ==> or something i am doing wrong.

Webflow video:

My designer (Chrome incognito):
(I select a div but the transform handlers related to the entire grid)

And i get weird units for Column/Rows start/end:

Related:

@Siton_Systems I realised after reading your post. This is the same problem i posted about 20mins ago. Did you find your solution?

1 Like

No. I think this is a bug

Ok thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @Siton_Systems

So I’ve tested this problem on another computer. Actually my large screen imac. And the resize handles were working fine. Logging back on to my main work machine, my laptop 15’ Macbook and the problem resurfaces. May possibly be a screen size issue. Im not sure if there is anyone to report this too. Will dig in the forums further.

I have this issue too. No grid resize handles on child elements.

same problem…

I was having same problem for days. I did something that just worked to fix it. I’m on a Macbook Pro with a 13" screen. I pressed command - to resize the screen down and the resize handles finally appeared out of nowhere. Then I pressed command + to resize the screen back up and the resize handles stayed.

1 Like

Hey, @Siton_Systems! Thanks so much for reporting. I moved this to the bugs category so we can get more eyes on it and help you tackle this problem.

Can you please test the following on your end:

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: How to get console

(3)Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

I’ll be looking forward to hearing back from you so we can help you solve this issue!

1 Like

Now the handlers works fine. Thanks!

Hi all, Is this a known bug, or is there a solution? I cannot for the life of me span the grid! I am new to webflow, and I can’t tell whether I’m doing something wrong or if it is a bug. I’m working on a 2015 13" macbook pro. Beginning at 4:13 on the video Grid 2.0 introduction, the narrator (who is a hoot, btw!) says: “What if we want to content to span multiple cells? Just click and drag. That’s it! All we do is select the thing and we click and drag.” But that doesn’t seem to work for me. I can’t select the thing in the first place. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Encountered the same exact problem today. Could not get the handlers to appear no matter what (desktop - win 10, chrome latest ver, 29" screen).
After reading the replies above a quick solution for me was to zoom out all the way (ctrl - ) and zoom-in again to 100% appearance. Only then, handles appeared and I could overlap the content.

You should post your screen resolution as this is likely the cause. Also could it be that the zoom was set to something other than 100% in the first place?

Hi,
(not sure if you replied to me, as mail notification says, or the person above).

My display resolution is set to 2560*1080 (recommended by the system).
Not likely, as I browse with 100% view regularly.
Currently, I don’t face the problem anymore.

P.S. new to this forum and i can’t catch the hierarchy here (Who replies to who / who posts a general reply)

Yes, I was replying to you. The notifications will reliably let you know once someone replies to your comment.

Ok, no more questions, with res like that it was definitely a bug :slight_smile:

Well, it is my very first bug… :slight_smile:
Nice to know you and thx for your assistant

1 Like

Same thing happens to me on my 13" Macbook Pro. I always have to go to the Chrome settings and set the appearance at 75% to make the grid handles show up. It’s been like this for months.

ive got the same issue with this… did this get fixed?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.