Form submission race condition issue

I am running into what I believe is a race condition issue using a webflow form and am curious if anyone has had any luck doing something similar.

The order of operations I am aiming for is:

1. User inputs form data, including postal code, city, province (I’m in Canada!)
  2. Upon submit the form calls on .preventDefault() and then runs the Google geo function to populate lat/long
  3. Lat/long is mapped to two hidden form fields
  4. Return true; is run and the form submits as usual but now including the lat/long

Unfortunately it isn’t happening this way. If I halt the form all together with return false I can see that geo is indeed running and populating the lat/long which is why I believe its a race condition issue. Anyone have success doing something like this with webflow forms?

Code I am using to pause form is based off the suggestions here: Disabling Form Submission? - #13 by kanji

My code including geo()

Webflow.push(function() {
  		$('#map-form').submit(function() {
   		e.preventDefault();
      		geo();
    		return true;
  		});
	});

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/future-us?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=future-us&preview=53ea1fe338effc74771360d9af5fe4c8&pageId=6234c2bd06fd03397b581910&workflow=preview