Form Submission notification emails not being received

Hi,

My client is reporting that they are not receiving emails when a form submission has been received. I see the successful form submissions in the submission data for the site, and when I input my email into the “send form submissions to:” section they come through just fine. However, the client’s email address (inquiries@gmgre.com) does not appear to be receiving the notifications. The site is https://www.gmgre.com/ and the form is on the contact page. This site is hosted through Webflow.

Hi @deanna can you add a screenshot of the settings tab for forms here so we can see how it is labeled in there for this email?

Also, could you have the client check their filter and spam settings? They may be a bit too restrictive?

Happy Designing,
Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Screen shot attached. I have asked the client to check filter and spam settings and got the following response:
I didn’t see any e-mails getting stuck in our spam filter, and the delivery logs on the server don’t show any e-mails from that no-reply@webforms.io address. It doesn’t make sense that other external e-mail addresses are able to send to inquiries@gmgre.com but your e-mails don’t make it there. We have our firewall restricting delivery JUST from the IPs that our spam filter are delivering on, so if you are trying to make a direct connection to our mail server (For instance via telnet on port 25), then that won’t work unless we whitelist your IP. But if you are just telling your mail client to send to Inquiries@gmgre.com then there must be something else that is wrong because as I said, other external addresses are able to send to that address.

Hi @deanna could you set it up for me to receive a submission. Set it for webflow@brandonmosco.com?

Once you do, Ill send a submission through the site and see what comes my way.

TIA

Just added your email as you requested.

Hi @deanna, I did receive the email as intended.

CloudApp

There has to be an issue on their end. This is not a Webflow issue.

Something if causing them to not to receive these messages. How many forms do you have on their site?

Ok thank you. I had suspected as much. There is just the 1 form on this site.

@deanna, sounds like the filtering of those IP addresses, might be causing an issue, although not sure why.

They should place the no-reply@webflow.io as a white listed email address.

Also, if they plan to reply to these messages directly you will need to update the site form field for reply.

Ok. How do I update the form for reply?

@deanna reference this video: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hi there @QA_Brandon, I have noticed this before. I have a theory:

What seems to happen is that when an email is received from the webflow hosted website the first time around everything is fine, but site owners tend to reply on that email back to the person who submitted the form…

These users then get the original email sent by Webflow with the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom and click it for some reason. This causes the receiver to stop receiving emails from Webflow as they have indirectly been unsubscribed by someone else.

Your thoughts?

2 Likes

Alternatively to avoid the scenario above, you could opt to use a service such as www.formsparrow.com

You know @Cloudfusion, you could be very right on this.

I didnt even think about this until you mentioned it. And this has happened before with other users. They hit the unsubscribe button and therefore are no longer able to receive those messages.

1 Like

When the GDPR compliance happened, that (unsubscribe) was added to the email. I switched clients over to usebasin.com right after that. As a result I have not experienced this issue first hand.

@QA_Brandon is right about “has happened before with other users”. I remember similar posts.

1 Like

Hey @QA_Brandon, I have been experiencing the issue of not receiving emails for certain emails in the forms settings. Figured out a workaround using an alias, but would still love to figure out the issue at its core.

Is there a way to access an “Unsubscribers” list on webflow that I could remove particular emails from? I am almost positive a previous employee accidentally clicked the “unsubscribe” option and now no email will send there.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi @lziesmer,

For this request it is best to submit an inquiry to our support line as we have to manually search and remove from our internal blacklist.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

I honestly cannot believe this issue has STILL not been rectified where if you forget to remove the Unsubscribe text generated by the form, just before you reply to someone via your Webflow form , that you get unsubscribed from your own site!

Even worse you cannot fix it yourself within your OWN project settings.
You have to always go through Webflow Support, which makes no sense. We should be able to manage users on the form surely by now?

This has to be fixed ASAP , it has been a wishlist item since 2017 and it is a major security risk and can severely impact sales for a company if it is clicked by accident

I purposely have to have it send the same form to 3 other email addresses just incase a scenario happens when multiple ones click unsubscribe and I don’t get a reply from Webflow support quickly.

Forget anymore fancy integrations, advancements on grid etc. This surely has to be resolved, especially going alongside e-Commerce as an absolute priority please.

1 Like

@Monty3540,

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are currently finishing up some key feature requests from the wishlist and will be moving onto others in Q2. Some of that has to do with the forms and how you receive emails and who they are sent to. However, will the unsubscribe be a part of that I am not sure, but you can always upvote this function in our wishlist: Ability to disable Unsubscribe link from form | Webflow Wishlist

The more who upvote the more likely we can see changes made with the forms system for this feature.

We are pretty good at responding to requests quickly and strive to be quicker. Just note that while we strive for 24/7 support, we currently run 24/5 Monday - Friday. Weekend delays are likely though.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

I think such emails are recognized as junk emails and therefore are blocked or sent to an isolated folder. Check all folders you have for spam posts and you will know it immediately. Or by some intention, the sender might have been blocked and you see no emails from him. I can help by looking at it in more detail, check over here. There are many reasons actually for this problem.

I’m also having a similar issue with my new site form. Everything works great for the first 2-3 form submissions, then no more email notifications. I then decided to add a secondary email address (followed by a comma) - again, I get the email notifications to this second address maybe 2 times, then it goes silent again.

The emails aren’t going to Spam or Junk; they just simply don’t show up anymore. Both emails are Gmail addresses, so I decided to create a “don’t go to spam” filter to Whitelist the “no-reply@webflow.io” address. Still nothing.

Anyone resolve this issue??