Form Submission Data looking weird in Editor

Hey, I’m not certain if others have encountered this before, but here we go. I have a website that has a pretty long form (it’s a casting form for new actors), so there are plenty of fields that need to be filled in.

I’ve built the forms and I started testing them. Everything works great, except when I go to the Editor / Forms - The Form Submission Data appears very, very broken.

Here’s a screenshot:

And this is the form: https://handplayed.webflow.io/casting-en

Now, I assume this is because the table doesn’t support scrolling and instead tries to shorten the name of each field and its value, but that’s not… very UX friendly.

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Handplayed Backup

1 Like

Hey @Alex_Tokmakchiev

I will tag @Waldo. Maybe he can help.

Piter :webflow_heart:

Thanks, man.

It’s not a huge deal breaker, since I’m also forwarding submissions to an email, but it’d be nice for my clients to be able to check them in the Editor as well, since that’s where they’ll be spending most of their time. :slight_smile:

Hi @Alex_Tokmakchiev, this form doesnt look too complicated. Here is one that I did for a client that is way more extensive and I setup a custom email to be sent to the client directly to view each submission.

Here is my form: https://www.funservicesva.com/holiday-gift-shop-and-santas-gift-shop/customer-agreement

The reason behind what you see is the fact that there are so many options within the form itself. The only way to view all of the data from the editor is to have them (the client) export the data to a .csv file.

From there they will be able to view the full list of selected options. Otherwise, I would recommend setting up a Zap through Zapier with a custom email program to set up and format the layout yourself! Which is what I did for my client since there is soooo much data!!! lol

Hope that helps. @PeterDimitrov and @Waldo what do you think?

2 Likes

(Random sidenote to @QA_Brandon: “Virginia” is misspelled in the header there: 2019-05-13_12-36-03.jpeg ) :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for that. You are the first and only person to notice that! lol

Sure thing! It’s a gift and a curse. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this @Alex_Tokmakchiev

We recently updated the UI here and this is likely a consequence of that. I’ve passed this info along to our team in charge of the Editor and we’ll get this resolved for ya.

In the mean time, you can unpin certain fields, or you can export the form submissions to view them that way. Neither are ideal, but should help while we work on a fix.

Thanks for your patience :bowing_man:

3 Likes

@QA_Brandon - Oh, that is indeed a lot more complicated. :smiley: Anyway, as I said, I already have form submission forwarding and I have used Zaps before. I just thought it’d be nice to have the form data display properly in the Editor even if there are multiple fields. This can easily be done if the table has a horizontal scrollbar.

It is not a deal-breaker or anything, just nice to have, considering many users spend a lot of time in the Editor anyway AND the forms are there already.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.