Fonts from typography.com (Hoefler & Co.)

I see the forum threads about this topic have been closed. I am using Webflow for the first time and I just paid $99 to typography.com (who really really are at the top of the typeface world!) to use their fonts on a project I started working on.
I have 20 years of web dev experience, so I wonder if I can create custom CSS for the fonts? I already added the code to the head via project settings.

But… it would be nice to have typography.com being integrated as they fit well with webflow, as they both are tailored for serious professional projects.

The last request seems from 2015. Any chance webflow will integrate this?

Meanwhile I will figure out where to add custom CSS. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you get it work?

I never integrated custom fonts via custom code, as I’m using Google and Adobe fonts, so far, what is integrated, but I integrated custom CSS on a project and per page base, what is possible and should work fine.

Best

Harald

1 Like

I got it to work by adding CSS to the project settings code. But, since I am new to both using webflow & Hoefler I find out new things. Such as: by default typography.com (Hoefler) is set to DEVELOPMENT mode, but then you can set it to PRODUCTION and then you actually get to download the font files, which I guess (for anti-piracy reasons) are linked to the stylesheet link from Hoefler. But the good news may be that I can now upload the font files to webflow and then access them from the webflow Designer.

Moving on now, will report back! :slight_smile:

Well, this is a bummer. Before downloading font files I need to know in what directory they reside. No idea in webflow…

I think for now we can write custom CSS in the project settings, and leave the Hoefler project in Developer mode. But it doesn’t seem to update in the Designer… hmmm…

Doesn’t typography.com offer an option to download in WOFF or WOFF2 format? Because if they do, Webflow supports uploading custom fonts: Upload custom fonts | Webflow University

On a side note, I do agree that a integration with Pro typography tools (Adobe Fonts, typography, etc.) would be nice. You can request that as a feature on the Wishist https://wishlist.webflow.com/

I know this is quite an old thread, but is there any new updates regarding this?
Did you manage to make it work with custom code injection even tho you can’t actually see it on designer mode?
It would be amazing to know if the cloud.typography worked in the published website somehow, even with some workaround, cause I was thinking about buying their cloud license specifically it to use on webflow.

It’s a pity this is not an easy integration considering projects that use print/desktop font licenses and web licenses and want to keep everything consistent.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would also like to know if there currently is some kind of workaround for this?

Does anyone have experience with typography.com’s self-hosted webfonts? Will I be able to just upload the woff and woff2 files to Webflow and that’s it?

1 Like

My current workaround is to store the css and eot files somewhere else. You can find more info here: How to Install Cloud.Typography Fonts on a Squarespace Website | Catwood Websites

To let the fonts work in the Designer, I uploaded otf files (I already had a license for the font, just not for web use). Then I declared the font on the body so it is easy to remove once I publish the site. In the custom code I added the cloud.typography code and declared the font-family on the body.