Fixed BG images are not working on touch enabled desktop/laptops

Fixed Background stopped working as of today, (was working fine yesterday) (I reload/restarted etc.)

Works on IE suprisingly.

Here’s the webflow code that is causing the issue:

html.w-mod-touch * {
/* background-attachment: scroll !important; */
}

Looks good to me. You’re referring to the picture of the golden gate bridge, correct?

In other news, I wouldn’t expect an element with a background-attachment value set to scroll to be fixed at all.

Thanks for replying! Yes, it’s the bridge.

I am sure its appearing fine for you, but not sure why its not on my end. And not sure why that piece of code is being appended to the css? There are no scroll properties set in this section; its defaulted to auto.

Feels like a bug…

Probably a silly question, but did you try reloading your project? Not just enter/exit/enter preview, but exiting the project entirely and loading it again?

Link your read-only and we can take a look.

Out of curiosity, and I hope that you are able to resolve your issue, what app or plugin are you using for back-end login and registration?

1 Like

Here’s how to share your read only link. :+1:

@Cricitem @VladimirVitaliyevich

Read Only Link

I reloaded the project, cleared cookies, restarted computer–the whole shebang.

I just opened up my mac and it appears to be fine on my mac. But on the PC the issue persists. The css that is being rendered is different. The CSS that appears on my pc laptop is nowhere to be found on my mac computer chrome…

I feel it will be very hard for you all to help if its actually working for you… lol. all was working well until today (even on the pc).

I am currently using none. These are just my iniital designs and I have been spending the last three weeks actually developing the designs for the backend. It will need to be custom coded or I will have to look into a third party app or plugin.

Out of curiosity, do you build backends? Do you recommend any backend services?

I don’t know anything about backends, I just was not sure if you happened to find one since I do not know of any for Webflow yet for things like that.

Yup. Webflow definitely doesn’t have any functionality for those elements…yet…hopefully ;D. I’ll keep you updated when I start on that phase of the site.

Hi @mrgovindrai, fixed background images can have different levels of support for different browsers. As mentioned, it seems to work fine on Mac/latest chrome:

Could you help to share the exact version of chrome (click Chrome, About Chrome) and the version of the operating system being used?

I am happy to take a look further.

1 Like

Hi @cyberdave. Thanks for your reply.

I can’t reproduce the bug :frowning:

​Can you please try the following:

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it support@webflow.com: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Hi @PixelGeek. I tried it in incognito. Same behavior.

Bascially, as noted in previous post, the following css is the culprit causing the fixed background to not work:

html.w-mod-touch * {
/* background-attachment: scroll !important; */
}
When I disable that in the chrome inspector, the fixed background starts responding. This code only appears on my windows laptop and not my mac.

Also my console appears to be empty; what screenshot of about my console do you want me to submit, if any ?

I am running into the same issue with some of my sites in Chrome @cyberdave @PixelGeek - and these are site sthat have been working for quite some time with no issues. I am seeing the issue on the site @mrgovindrai is discussing in this post.

Hi @KProServices, could you help to share the published link to the site so that may test in windows and mac on chrome?

Thanks in advance!

@cyberdave All of my sites are doing it. I will publish one here shortly. Perhaps this is broader issue than webflow. Can you share a similar none webflow fixed background site and @mrgovindrai and I can test?

Hi thanks @KProServices, I will be standing by for the link :slight_smile: I would like to test several browsers/OS combination. Thanks!

Hi @mrgovindrai I took a peek and it looks like your machine has a touch screen:

This may be accidentally appending the “.w-mod-touch” class to the element.

I don’t have an ETA on when this can be fixed, but we are definitely looking into a better solution for fixed background images for hybrid devices.

Any thoughts @danro?

@thewonglv I also have a touch screen on my laptop.