Find instances of components on any page?

I’m implementing a big navigation change and am rolling it out with a new component rather than updating the current one.

When I expand the components area on the sidebar, I can see that the old one is still on a page. Is there a way to find out which page it is on?

In this example, I’m on the hunt for just one instance but I can also see this being helpful when there are more.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 8.52.11 AM

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

8 Likes

Following as need a solution for this also.

1 Like

Following. Would love a way to find out where in the site instances are being used. (Please please pretty please.)

1 Like

Much needed add! Would make everybody’s life a little easier.

2 Likes

Any news on this? I can’t believe this feature isn’t supported, and there’s no mention of finding all instances of a component on the documentation page: https://university.webflow.com/lesson/components

I’m also searching for a fix to this. Currently having to play detective for each component until I’ve found it everywhere, before I can delete it.

For sure a much needed feature to find unused components (or images) on older, unused or draft pages, especially when duplicating previous sites for reuse. Very easy to forget where these were used on complex builds. That said, I do find that the Utility Pages for “search results”, “password” or “404” sometimes become the culprits who hold on to these assets so def check those! Easy to overlook

Yep, utilities pages have gotten me before, with unused classes too. Somehow these pages will hold things.

Another trick, if the component happens to contain an element with a unique class:
• Drag a culprit component onto a page
• Open the component and identify a unique class that’s being used
• Go to the “Style Manager” panel and search for this class
• A results list will show other pages/components it’s used on

1 Like

Bumping this, come on Webflow…

@Christopher_Mullan - Please don’t intentionally bump posts.

Webflow keeps a wishlist where you can check for similar feedback or submit new ideas. While they may not always respond as quickly as we’d like, the wishlist is the best place to share your thoughts directly with their team.

If your idea isn’t on there yet, I’d encourage you to add it!

Here’s the link:https://wishlist.webflow.com

Sharing your feedback helps Webflow understand what features are important to users like you. Even if it takes some time, adding your voice to the wishlist helps get your idea on their radar. Hopefully by working together we can help make Webflow even better. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Yeah, your wishlist … no news from you on this important topic European Hosting to comply with GDPR | Webflow Wishlist , so I do not think that you will even bother with something like a list of instaces where components are used :cry:

@IQLogic - It would be nice if Webflow was more transparent about plans, and I agree that management of the wish list is rather pitiful. Unfortunately, that’s all we have to work with.

My current recommendation is to build using what they provide (released) today if it matches your needs. If not, find an alternative.

A problem for most is that they must get into the nitty gritty details to know if it is a match. That takes knowledge and experience. For many, that realization comes after sinking invaluable time and money into Webflow only to find out it’s not a good fit. It is also sad that many no-coders are solely committed to using the product no matter what since that is all they have in their tool-set.

I firmly believe that all projects should have a functional specification defined in writing before embarking on any development. Good luck with yours.

Should anyone seek professional counsel on this matter, reach out with a DM.

1 Like

This can be a great trick, but I have noticed the style manager “Search classes” feature is totally unreliable…

Oh yeah the search bar itself is not so great. I was more referencing how you can click on a class name and then have the option to jump to various pages it’s on and then click on the name itself and jump to the element on the page.

1 Like

I remember suggesting this long ago. Great to see it’s been implemented. Now it just needs to be added to components too.