Facebook, Instagram, and Google product catalog integrations

If you haven’t already noticed, we’ve added a new set of integration options to your ecommerce settings that make it easier to run ad campaigns and create interactive social posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Google.

Turn on your Facebook and Google integrations to sync product data to each advertising platform.

These integrations create a communication line between your Webflow product set and Facebook’s Catalog Manager and Google’s Merchant Center, making it easier to keep things in sync as you sell products, run advertising campaigns, and post on one or both platforms.

Some of the possibilities these integrations unlock:

Dynamic product ads

Promote products on Facebook and Instagram based on whether a customer has viewed that product or added it to their cart.

Bring them back to the product they viewed with a nice little inline advertisement.

Instagram product tagging

Tag products in Instagram posts and stories to let customers go straight from scrolling Instagram to your online store.

All the cool kids are on Instagram — and they want to buy things.

Google Shopping ads

Populate a listing in Google Shopping and promote it to relevant audiences and keywords.

Hit ‘em where it hurts: search.

Once you turn these integrations on, you’ll see a data feed URL for each: one for Facebook (and by extension, Instagram) and one for Google. Syncing your product data between Webflow and each of these platforms is as easy as pasting this data feed URL into the relevant section of Facebook and Google’s business management dashboard.

Learn how to set each of these up in our Webflow University Guides:

While we’re here, it’s also worth mentioning that you can now enable detailed, ecommerce-specific event tracking (like product viewed, added to cart, and purchased) for your store with the Facebook pixel and Google Analytics (updated details within each guide).

9 Likes

That’s what’s beautiful about Webflow. In most other e-commerce cms, each platform (FB/Instagram/Google) has to be installed separately by a separate integration plugin (Separate docs/support/payment).

2 Likes

Really nice work, team! Keep it up!

1 Like

This is a great feature. As mentioned by others it is often something you have to use third party plugin to do. The extended analytics and events are awesome too.

It would be great if it was possible to exclude products/categories from the feed so not all products goes to Google or Facebook.

This is awesome. I have come across one thing though, on syncing with Facebook product manager it is showing no data for google_product_category, have a I missed something? Or is this to come?

Also now that the product variations is active, it creates a product for each variant in Facebook, should it not be one product with variants e.g different sizes or colours.

Hi–it’s a great feature but there are two issues that seem tome need to be corrected:

1. the quantity of the inventory is streamed as 0 for all, no matter what the qty I add to the product on products is. This wouldn’t be a problem if seeling through webflow, but FB/IG offer sales through the profile shops, so it is an issue

2. the missing google_product_category interferes with product tagging and dynamic ads, so it needs to be added. This is a bigger issue, because (I don’t recall) that field is in the e-commerce template, so there is no place where to add that data for the products added

I need to add a couple of things. Google integration works fine.
Facebook integration with Swedish prices do not work with values over 1 000 SEK.

Webflow knows about this and I’m wIting for a solution. There are still a couple of problems with brands and other things, but in general it’s a very good implementation.

EDIT

Some more information

Hi Diego - I’ve noticed you mention this a number of times and I think this is a problem I’m facing too with Facebook. Have you found a solution? My head is spinning trying to troubleshoot this damn “google_product_category” issue…

Honest–no I haven’t.

I haven’t seen a solution yet for the categories being missing, which is a big issue but not ‘terminal’ according to the FB manager (i.e. you can still offer them, just won’t show in searches I guess?)

The issue with the quantities may have to do with how FB Catalog Manager interprets the inventory data. I seem to recall a post about in the forum about setting the qty in catalog manager. I can’t find it again, but I just looked into it and saw that you can customize your catalog ‘rules’. I haven’t tried it yet – kind of gave up :frowning:

See attached screenshot and let me know if I can help further.

1 Like

Sorry–meant to say–you can re-set the quantity to something greater than 1?

1 Like

Thanks Diego - I’m in the same boat - and I think I came across the same article. It’s painful chasing answers on this stuff that we’re expecting to be built into it. Hope it gets added / fixed.