Facebook conversion API

Has anyone set up the Conversion api for their web-flow sites? I have a client I’m running ads for and I want to set up the API on their site to capture more data. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

The conversions API requires server side code. Since you can’t run any on Webflow hosted sites you need to stick to client side options or leverage Zapier for example. 4 ways to automate Facebook’s Conversion API tool with Zapier

Is this something that Webflow is moving towards enabling? I’m getting a lot of calls from Facebook reps about how they’re actively starting to phase out the Pixel. This means that, for any meaningful data to be passed between a Webflow website and Facebook, server side code will be necessary (or some other kind of fix). The same will be done with Google probably no later than 2024. Is Webflow preparing for these environmental transitions?

Hi Matthew,
I wouldn’t necessarily use Zapier, like Jeff recommended, Everything that happens between the conversion and the first page visit doesn’t get tracked at all.

You have six options that will guarantee you 100% tracking attribution.

OPTION 1:
Google Tag Manager Web Container + Server side and build it yourself. Google Tag Manager can be really complex, so if you don’t know how it works or simply don’t have the time, I would recommend you to hire someone for that. (option 3)

OPTION 2: Google Tag Manager + Server Side, but get the templates from Elevar (getelevar.com | Data Layer Package) and try it on your own. (easier than option 1)

OPTION 3: Google Tag Manager + Server Side, but hire the guys from Elevar for a custom GTM template depending on your customer’s business model. Elevar’s focus is primarily on ecommerce, but if you ask, they will do it for you. (higher costs)

OPTION 4:
Convert your Webflow Site to Shopify, and use Triple Whale. (best option for maximum data if your customer uses multiple ad platforms. + the creative cockpit is very nice)

OPTION 5:
Convert your Webflow to Shopify via Udesly, Google Tag Manager + Server side + Zapier and use Elevar (better than option 1 & 2) You can save some cash here and don’t need to hire these guys but still need to use a combination of elevar and Zapier in this case.

OPTION 6: Convert your Webflow to Shopify via Udesly, Google Tag Manager (no Server side) and use Elevar + Elevar’s Server Side (if you don’t want the hustle setting up your own server side)

There are more options and combinations out there but those are the most reliable option on the market at the moment. I tried them all and are verified.

----- GDPR -----

If your customer is in an EU country (GDPR), you need to store the cookies and 1st party tracking data within the EU, unfortunately. That means you have to use Google Tag Manager ONLY with a custom server side setup in the EU.

Triple Whale will not be possible then.

You might be able to get the guys from Elevar to set it up for you as well. Make sure the server is in the EU.