Embedded video works in Preview but NOT when published

Hey guys, I have embedded a video from Dropbox and it works in preview and even designer. However when publishing and loading the website, it doesn’t work anymore.

Do you know what could be the reason?

Thank you!

(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey @meetingingorkipark, are you able to share the link to your published live site?

hi there, yeah, its here

Try adding muted

Many browsers will not autoplay video with sound.

hi Michael, oh wow. it helped! thanks so much, do you maybe know why the embed box is shifted to the top of the section after it’s published? the section that hold the div with the embed code is set to to Align object to the “End” meaning it should shift it to the very bottom of the screen. But there is white are left in the first section and it’s height 91vh, meaning that somehow this embed element is shifted to the top?

I haven’t explored that type of layout in Webflow so I cannot give any quick suggestions there. But on Chrome / Win I’m seeing exactly the same layout behavior between the designer preview and the published version.

You’ll want to post that as a new topic so someone with deeper layout knowledge can help.

Heya I’m getting this issue today as well… Video works on preview but not on published staging within webflow. Could this be a CORS issue? I’ve tried the muted hack but has no effect. Here is a read only link on a test page: Webflow - Condiotti-concept

Seems to work okay in Safari - but been testing in Chrome to no avail.

Is hosting video via dropbox a good idea at all?

@Sam_Sharpe we had looked into this but they have a limit on streams directly from them. You may need to look into it.

Still getting the Chrome issue on the video embed… works perfectly in Safari.

Hello - Can anybody help with this? Here is the link embed test
If I check the resource directly, it loads in webflow preview. It also loads in Safarai and in Chrome if accessed directly. http://www.stevecondiotti.com/videos/ComSizzle_720_7.mp4 so I have determined it is not a codec issue. Any ideas of why it would preview in Webflow with Cross Origin but not when published?