Element class selector DOESN'T show up in style panel but DOES show up elsewhere

Hey guys! Just wanted to preface that I’m not positive if this is a bug or an issue that I’ve brought upon myself but I couldn’t post in Publishing Help > General, so I decided to post here.

I’ve noticed this issue for a few elements that I’ve named with varying classes both on my home page as well as a utility page. It seems that some of my elements are showing that they have their classes assigned correctly (and displays appropriate styling) but their class name is not appearing in the selector field of the Style Panel (S).

The weird thing though, is the fact that the class appears in the white breadcrumb/tree thing bar at the bottom of the work space and it shows the class in Style Manager (G) but for some reason it’s not populating the selector field and thus I can’t access the hover/active/focus states for that class and can’t make style edits. The field just stays empty even if I try to add a new class!

The problematic class name is “mobile-nav-link” as shown in the image attached. Other times I ran into this issue on my Utilities pages, the class was just a paragraph element as opposed to being a link block element so it’s not related to the element from what I gather…

Has anyone else encountered this issue and have solutions?

@judethedude - this happens all the time to the classes on my projects, but it is usually if I don’t edit the element at all; for example - just dropping a div in, giving it a class name, but not editing the div at all would result in the the navigator not showing the class name.

That is just so interesting! I wonder why that happens. Have you figured out how to access that class again to edit styling when this happens?

Additional info/side note: I went back to the project window (after not touching anything for an hour or so) and also not refreshing… and the class has now re-appeared as expected in the selector field again (at least for the .mobile-nav-link but I haven’t checked the other missing classes yet)

So since it’s reappeared, I’m able to see the blue dot indicating styling present on that element so I have no idea why it disappeared! :thinking: mind-boggling indeed

Hello, @judethedude! Thanks so much for posting.

Can you do some more checking and see if you still have selectors missing?

Also, can you please test the following on your end:

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: How to get console

(3)Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

I’ll be standing by to help you solve this problem!

Hi Riley! Thanks for getting back to me about this and coming to the rescue. I’ll test as requested later this evening and I’ll get back to you!

But my most recent experience in the Designer showed all classes appearing again as normal so I’m not sure what happened or why they disappeared but I’ll try to replicate the issue again and keep documentation of it if it occurs :slight_smile:

whatismybrowser.com/w/T5X5Z35

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.