Editor unresponsive in Safari

Hey guys,

seems like the editor in many of my client’s pages is unresponsive when they try to edit
in Safari. I attached one screenshot to see an example. It happens after they sign in.
I tell everyone to use chrome, since it works normal there. But what’s up with Safari? Anybody got an idea?

Thanks,
David

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I try to open the editor from safari after the last update, this just send the message “editor not responsive” in all my projects.

try this on two more machines, same problem on safari.

working ok on chrome but u_u I love safari

Hi @davidk77, @sanshiro,

Thank you for posting about the Editor being unresponsive in Safari – The team is aware of this issue and we are currently working on a fix.

I understand this isn’t ideal, but for now as a workaround, could you please use Google Chrome while we work on solving the Editor issue on Safari?

Rest assured that our engineers are prioritizing the issue and as soon as we have an update we’ll update this thread.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

1 Like

No problem, I think Chrome is actually the best browser to work with in Webflow in general. Safari is really really slow when It comes to building larger sites in Webflow. Do you recommend working in Chrome or is there any browser that works better? I also asked myself why there isn’t a Webflow app for the Mac or something like this? Do you have anything planned in this direction or would this make no sense for your company?

In the meantime good luck with fixing the issue and thanks for your answer! :slight_smile:

Hi @davidk77 @sanshiro

Thanks for posting about the Editor issue and for your patience!

I have some good news — our engineers were able to isolate the issue and pushed a fix for the Editor is unresponsive error in Safari. You should now be able to use the Editor with Safari as expected. :tada:

Please let me know if this solves the problem on your end.

Hey Brando, thanks for your help. Everything looks fine, great work guys! Keep it up!
Despite some ordinary issues Webflow is still by far one of the best applications in the World.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.