Editor Issues - Webflow using 'Deprecated Feature'

It seems as though a few people are having issues now. My clients and I are unable to use any of the site’s editors, and it is throwing the following error.

Could not fetch item data: undefined
console. @ webflow-editor-bugsnag.05ae00fff962b2e10822.js:1

Upon looking further into the issue it shows that Webflow is using a depreciated feature, specifically; “Specifying overflow: visible on img, video and canvas tags may cause them to produce visual content outside of the element bounds. See view-transitions/debugging_overflow_on_images.md at main · WICG/view-transitions · GitHub

The resource in question is:
webflow-editor.522bdd8….js:1

Additionally the audit of the issue states the following:

A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform. Starting in Chrome 101, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced.

To fix this issue, replace the usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform with feature detection, progressive enhancement, or migrate to navigator.userAgentData.

Note that for performance reasons, only the first access to one of the properties is shown.

AFFECTED RESOURCES
1 source
webflow.e5277580f.js:1

If anyone knows a workaround while Webflow fixes this issue that would be great. I have too many clients that require their site to be changed multiple times in a day.

Additional information.

When you first load any of my sites, you are bombarded with several issues.

I am sure it is the case for many others.

Update: I have received a reply from my ticket:

"Thanks for contacting us about the issues your clients are facing in the Editor. I’m sorry to hear about this frustrating experience!

Our team has identified an issue that is affecting the ability to edit static content in the Editor, and we’re investigating further to resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work to get to the bottom of this. We’ll be following up with more updates soon!"

Hey Dave!

Thanks for letting us know!

You can follow along and subscribe to updates at: https://status.webflow.com/

Thanks,
Jono

1 Like

Hello. Has this issue been resolved? Any tips how was that done?