Hi guys, just thought I’d post this here as I got a pretty bad time today…
So during a presentation with a potential client, I’m asked if I can demo how the Editor works. “Of course” I said, just before having the most awkward 15min since I set my mother in law’s chimney on fire (true story)…
Quick summary of what happened:
- I logged in on the designer
- opened the editor from there
- was presented with a blank page (but with Editor bar showing properly at the bottom)
(minute of silence in the audience… I’m getting nervous…)
Now I do the following:
- restart Chrome
- log in on the designer
- open the editor from there
- get the page with the password option (the site is password protected…)
- I start entering my password
- the password box disappears
(minute of silence again… very awkward moment…)
I redid the above a couple times for the same result.
Finally, I then go back into the site settings, remove the password protection, and it WORKED.
All good in the end but my chances to get the gig are very diminished… This also made it very hard to sell the $20 hosting to get the Editor, compared to the $5 hosting the guys already had with OVH.
Oh wait, best of it, when I tried this again 2 hours later (with password back on) all worked fine.
I’ve made a very big commitment going with Webflow, but the dramatic amount of bugs we’ve seen in the past weeks is hugely concerning. This is a B2B platform, and businesses are depending on it. Please make sure it works!