Editing hidden divs that reveal with interaction on button-click

Aloha gang!

My client on this project is using the editor to update content. Last day he very correctly notified me that he cannot access the hidden cards and the “Start Now” view.

Cards are hidden with a scale from 0 height && width && opacity interaction, which doesn’t trigger when clicking the relevant buttons :thinking:

I am wondering if this a “deal with it and learn to live with it” limitation of the editor?

EDIT: I just realised it’s the same issue in the read-only preview … How come interactions don’t work here??

All the best,
Ken

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/supervenio?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=supervenio&preview=f2ee297d050cd2b16c515156146078ed&mode=preview

Hi Ken! How does it work if you hide section 2 using the interaction as opposed to layout display settings? If that doesn’t work, you could utilise collections to enable the client to edit the content in the back end.

Hola Hamish! Exactly my though. Here’s where I’m at: Hiding using the initial state of the interaction and making the section visible in the layout allows for editing the content as expected.

Since it’s a fixed position element, it will obviously show in its fixed position when editing now that it isn’t hidden in layout. So the workaround is to set its position to static while working on the content, and only changing its position to fixed when publishing the site.

For the hidden cards the procedure will be very much the same. Not optimal, but hey … What’s one more cup of coffee and a sigh of despair :man_shrugging:t2:

//Ken

Oh the fixed position component :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. What about creating a separate Client editing page for the “start now” workflow content converting each slide panel into a symbol with one per section for easy editing. You’d then place symbol instances in the home page hidden section. I’m not sure if you’ll hit some symbol limitations here somewhere. Worth a shot?