Edit text in heading in one place only**

Hello

I am a UI designer and Illustrator with very basic css or html experience. I wanted to start off small so I bought a template to redo my personal website portfolio. I can change the text in plain text fields but I am having trouble changing anything with a style or class on it- Hope I am describing this correctly.

I really like the animation and would like to work with it however when I do edit the H3 it changes it across all other projects on the page… Is there an easy way to change these i’ve tried with the combo text but it wasn’t working - Again I could be doing this totally wrong.

Please help :smiley:

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

First of all, welcome to Webflow!

It is recommended that users share a preview mode of your projects whenever you’re asking for help, so we can try to realize what’s going on with it.

But from what you’ve described, your problem is easily solved by using combo classes. You might be forgetting a tiny detail and that might be the cause of your problems.

Check out this video on combo classes and try to see if you’re not forgetting anything.

Good luck. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks, Jean!

Sorry I have no idea how to share in preview mode… Will figure that out- In the meantime a few screenshots below

I do agree I feel like I am missing something with editing the heading using the combo class :-s

Thanks again so much for your help – I am watching that video again (hopefully I’ll catch my mistake)

I’m currently using my phone so it’s pretty hard to see those images.

Here’s how to share your project:

I’ll check your project as soon as you upload it with the preview mode .

oh I’m sorry - link below

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolio-28cb10?utm_source=portfolio-28cb10&preview=e95ec43d13f2d8093eaabf109bf05305

Ok. I can see what the problem is. Due to the fact that you’re styling a Collection Item, any change made to an element inside that item will affect the same element across every single Collection Item.

There are 2 approaches to solving that issue.

1. You either don’t use CMS and style your elements separately. (This is a good option if you’re not dealing with a lot of content). Pretty similar to what I’ve done in the portfolio section of my website that I’m building. ( https://www.jeanthedesigner.com/#Meus-trabalhos ). It gives you more granular control over how things will be shown on your website.

2. You tweak your collection list. You can create some settings using “Conditional Visibility” and other viable options. Unfortunately, they are pretty extensive, so it isn’t viable for me to explain it to you via the forum. If you have the time, check this out later: CMS & dynamic content | Webflow University.

What would I do? Don’t use CMS in this case. Write it and style it yourself if you don’t really have a lot of things to style. And you can always use “Copy+paste” to speed up your work. If this seems too much work, I recommend you learning more about CMS and getting creative about it.

That’s such good information thank you so much for your help! I think I’ve got it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad to know that I was helpful. Let me know if you need anything else.

Having a similar issue, only i am using a paid template. “Positive Studios” i am editing the heading but would like to edit each texts in each heading differently.

Im not sure which class it is that i need to delete and dont have tooo much experience with html or css

Help