Dropdown menu / hover styling help needed

Hi @PixelGeek,

I’m seeking some help/guidance on an buggy issue that’s emerged with hovering over dropdown menu items in my site’s primary nav bar.

The Site: SoulPlay Festival - June 9-12, 2022, Cobb, CA.
Test Site: SoulPlay Festival - June 9-12, 2022, Cobb, CA.
Webflow Preview: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/soulplayco?preview=e6c7ccd67c0b8f0902a84ab19c579e7b

The Situation
Browser Info: On Desktop, full browser orientation, Exhibited behavior persistent on Google Chrome, intermittently on Safari. Hard refreshes of the site yields mixed results.
Explanation: After trying to adjust the fixed position of the dropdown menu, so that it opened precisely aligned underneath the nav bar (as opposed to directly underneath the dropdown menu title) the native interaction behavior of the hover changed for the worse.
Note: Dropdown menus settings are set to ‘open on hover’ with the Default 0 ms delay on close, and making this adjustment of 23 pixels resulted in the quirky behavior of the menu.
Observed Aberrant Behavior: The Menu will close before the user can actually move their cursor down to the first link, effectively taunting the user with an ever-disappearing menu. Even after resetting everything back to the way it was, with the fixed position pixel adjustment back to the default, the menu continues to close faster than a user can move down to keep it engaged.

There are lots of quirks I’ve observed around the “Open Menu” action in the settings menu, and how it results in the css class state of “Open”, which toggles the dropdown menu element display setting from hidden to Block (or whatever), and in order to style the menu (bg color, position, etc), but when you close menu the “open” class will persist and things get screwy in that state. I’m not sure it’s related to the above situation, but in digging into this problem, lots of things seem to come up.

Anyhow, I hope this has a simple and known solution. I’d like the menus to function as before, and ideally I’d like to be able to down shift their position so that the line up directly below the nav bar. Open and appreciative to any and all suggestions and feedback.

Thanks!

• Derek

Hi @Derek_vdS, I am not seeing the behavior, can you let us know which drop down you are having the issue? See here: Screen Recording 2018-03-13...

Also, I would also recommend to check that the browser is running the latest updates, and to see if there are any browser extensions loaded that might be conflicting with the Webflow browser code.

A good way to check if browser extensions are conflicting, is to open the browser in Incognito mode (in Chrome) or Private Window mode (in Safari) and reload the site in the designer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.