Customer pays hosting fee Webflow CMS

I want to pay webflow cms hosting the monthly fee directly to the customer. How to proceed?

You can upgrade to the professional plan, and transfer the site to their webflow account.

Thank you. How do your clients pay Their hosting fees?

My clients pay me an initial sum for design and development, then I bill them a yearly retainer fee for hosting and minor updates.

2 Likes

@samliew have you ever transferred a site to a client before? I just upgraded to a team plan, and I don’t see anywhere how to do this. Also, do you know if you still retain access after transferring the site to their webflow account?

@gksargent @clivulus The problem with this approach is that you lose access to the site. We’re currently working on a way to bill clients without having to give up control of the site. So i’d say it’s better to wait a little as it will also come with whitelabeling options so your client will not even know that you’re using Webflow.

6 Likes

Just wait it out… as you can see the webflow guys have listened and will implement it when they can.

The challenge is that the client wants ownership of the site. And when you fire a client and they need to find someone else to maintain/manage the site, what happens to the CMS data when unsubscribing from the CMS subscription?

That’s just what I need!
I hope this resource is quickly available.

That’s just what I need!I hope this resource is quickly available.

@clivulus Great to hear!

The challenge is that the client wants ownership of the site. And when you fire a client and they need to find someone else to maintain/manage the site, what happens to the CMS data when unsubscribing from the CMS subscription?

If the client wants complete ownership then it makes sense to transfer the site. The data is connected to the site so it wont be lost during the transfer. But in most cases the web designer maintains a relationship with the client so it makes sense for the designer to keep ownership.

1 Like

I agree 100%. However, there are those instances when a designer needs to fire a client.

@thesergie Cant wait for this, are we talking weeks or months? will it be ready by Christmas?

Matthew :smile:

1 Like