- I have a collection, let’s call it “Blog Posts”
- I create the collection with a few fields to start
- I’m writing blog posts in my own system (not webflow), and I have code that will call the webflow API to create the item in my “Blog Posts” collection, sending down the fields I’ve setup in my collection.
- I now have 20 blog posts in my collection in webflow
- I add a NEW custom field “Headline” to my “Blog Posts” collection in webflow
- When I then call the API to update items with my “Headline” text in my collection I get an error “Field Headline not described in schema”, even though the Headline field is part of my collection in webflow…
Now, it seems the only way I can get rid of that error and successfully push the headline to one of my blog post items in Webflow is if i FIRST add some dummy text to the headline in Webflow, and then I can actually update the field using the API.
This makes no sense… Its like I have to first initialize the field with some data in webflow before I can use it via the api???
So, if I already have 100’s of items in a collection which is being synched from another system and I then add a new field to the collection in webflow I have to then edit each item in webflow first in order to get it to sync from my API?
Am I missing something?
Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)