Converting site to CMS?

Can someone please point me to any resources on how to convert a existing site built with Webflow, into a Webflow CMS site? Is this possible or do I have to start from scratch?

Thanks for any help / info!

1 Like

You don’t have to start from scratch. Just add collections, items, and then dynamic items and lists to your page. See the help center for tutorials.

1 Like

It’s super easy and you don’t have to restart. You’ll just have to turn some sections and blocks into dynamic content,

• First, click the collections button on the left-hand side of the designer. Add a collection and some collection items to use within your dynamic content.

• using a dynamic content list, drag it into your website and click on the element.

• Then hook it up to collections, it’ll ask you to select from a drop down.

• Then adding whatever you want into the dynamic list,

• and then styling it…

Here’s a video I found:

@kbowman

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the help / info / links! I’m glad I don’t have to start from scratch, and I think I get how to create the blog CMS section with my current site, but I guess I am wondering how hard it is / what are the steps to upload it to my server (I use MediaTemple to host my sites).

I know with Wordpress there is a “one click” install, but I’m unclear of what is needed for Webflow’s CMS. Sorry, I am a designer not a developer. Any further help / suggestions or video tutorials would be great!

Thanks again for taking time to reply!

Best,
K

As I’m a newbie here and I think about using Webflow, this information has convinced me as I find a possibility to convert site to CMS very convenient.