CMS Collections and Playlists

I am very new to this and pretty sure I am going at it all wrong. Here is my layout.

I have a CMS Categories set where I have different lectures listed.
For Each lecture category, I have a CMS Materials collection which contains a playlist and a lecture lesson.

I would like the playlist of the materials to have a youtube playlist in there. However, I can’t figure out how to do this. Right now that playlist is a blog post, but don’t think that meets my needs. I have the playlist on a separate page in the project, but am not sure how to link it to the Materials collection. I may be going at this all wrong. Is there a way to link the page that has the playlist to this particular lecture? Thanks for your help!

Categories CMS

Materials CMS

Playlist Page to link to

Hi @Kylie_Howard

Hang in there - once you master the CMS, you will be in data-linking bliss :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you provide your read-only link so we can take a look at the structure more closely?

Have a look at reference fields and multi-reference fields - I think that will help you achieve linking things up.

Thank you! Here is the read only link.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/omar-saids-first-project?preview=5636549b8041c8c794a7c0b92253c0f5

Hi Kylie,

Is there any reason the categories can’t be renamed as lectures, and have the materials within them?

Also if it’s a static page (non-purple) - you can choose to drop in a collection list and pull data from the CMS - that’s how you can add dynamic elements to static pages…

The only reason I have is I don’t really know what I am doing!!

I do have the categories named as lectures. The idea is to click on the lecture then the materials within the lecture are a lesson and a playlist. The lesson is a blog post, but I can’t seem to figure out the playlist part. I have the playlist as a static page and thought that I could link that particular materials element to that static page, but it sounds like I am working in reverse. Are you saying to create a static page that looks like the materials page, but link the playlist to the playlist static page and the blog post to the lesson collection? Hopefully, I didn’t confuse you as much as I confused myself! Appreciate you helping out!