CMS Collection Loading Slowly

Hi there,

I’m new to Webflow and had a designer help build out a great site for me focused on cycling components.

The site is not officially live yet but features a CMS collection that will load products that someone can cycle through.

I’ve imported and setup the database and reduced and compressed all my images.

However when I Publish the site and pull up the page which features the carousel of products, the page loads fine but the products themselves takes a few minutes to load. I can see the product counter just slowly go up over time.

I currently have about 400 products in the product carousel feature and was wondering if there are any suggestions of how to make the load performance quicker.

If I also leave the page it will start the loading process all over again.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
David

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Don’t load 400 products as performance will suck. The browser is downloading all the HTML and potentially the media. That is the problem with “dynamic filtering” on Webflow sites unless you resort to an external API and load the data via JavaScript. Webflow is not a dynamic app.

Hi Jeff, thank you for the quick response!

Good to know about Webflow not being a dynamic app. I’ll see what I can do to limit this so the performance improves.

Appreciate the help here!

Best,
David