Can't get images to show from a multi-image field with a collection list

Hi there!

I’ve been working on this problem for over a half hour and cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Here’s a high level view:

1. I made a CMS Collection called ‘Group Images’. It’s sole purpose is to store about 15 images that I can show on the home page of a website at random whenever a page refreshes.
  2. Inside the ‘Group Images’ collection, I created an item called ‘Fancy Screen Shots’, with one of the fields being a multi-image field (that I promptly put 15 images into.
  3. I go back to my Webflow editor, put in a Collection List, and try to import the right file. I can easily see ‘Group Images’, but not the ‘Fancy Screen Shots’ and the multi-image repository I had put there.

I tried putting an image and a lightbox in that collection list area to no avail. It just can’t find the field that has the images I’m looking to randomize in the main content area.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

1 Like

In the documentation for multi-image elements it explains that this can only be used currently on the collection template page, not with collection lists on other pages. More about this field type is available in the University.

1 Like

Hi Webdev!

Yep, I figured that out once I started looking around the Collection videos. I ended up ditching the multi-image option and just created individual references in the collection. It worked out better actually.

Thanks for your help all the same!

whhhhhy webflow whhhyyy :sob:

1 Like

Ask the backend engineers :stuck_out_tongue: