Can you send an automated email when a specific input in a collection item is updated?

I’m working on a site for a client that is mostly set up, but they’ve asked me for a specific automation.

When a user adds a member from the ’ InfoPort Members ’ collection to an ’ InfoPort Projects ’ collection (via the last input box called ’ InfoPort User Access '), they want an automated email sent out to the InfoPort Member to say that they have been added to an InfoPort Project.

I’ve tried to set this up using Zapier, and Mailchimp, however it doesn’t look like it’s possible in Zapier (looks like you can only create a zap when a form is submitted or an order has been made/updated).

Is there any other way to do this at all?

Here is the read only link. Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/scapespec?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=scapespec&preview=835cfc6da04459cbe25b5cb62e9d6f08&pageId=601b5c692ad85365e0fe214e&mode=preview

Hi! Did you manage to work this out?

No unfortunately I didn’t, and the client decided it wasn’t super important to have anyway.

I do have found a fix for this. In Mailchimp you can set up ‘Send mail when RSS feed updates’. You can turn on ‘RSS Feed’ for specific collections. Then I made a filter for the Mailchimp mail that sends it to the right email adress.

Perfect! Thanks for sharing your fix :slight_smile: