Can I Enable other Payment Services (Checkout) by using custom code on Webflow Ecommerce?

Hi guys, how are you?

I’m designing a Webflow Ecommerce website for a client and we live in Brazil, as a result, Stripe is not natively supported. Although Paypal is supported, my client wanted something more direct and simplier than making the custumer go through the Paypal payment’s process (creating an account, setting up address and credit card information).

So, can I integrate other Checkout Payment service by using an API or custom code on my Webflow Ecommerce design?

Thank you all.

1 Like

Up, guys I really need your help. Anyone?

You would need to use another e-commerce third party solution. I would recommend using foxy.io. There are other integrations you can look at in the University.

2 Likes

That’s a great solution, but it’s way expensive to my client . Is there any way to do it by using a custom code or by using an API from the Payment service?

It would cost you much much more to code a solution than pay for a third party solution, which is why they exist. I would not even bid one since your saying $20 is too much. Plus you don’t have access to the cart via the API only orders that have been placed.

1 Like

On second thought it is a great option indeed. Have you ever used Foxy on your projects? Is the integration easy? What about the designing possibilities, is it great to work with it on Webflow, or are we stucked to their cart’s template?

Thank you for helping me!!

Hi @philipeabner.
Josh from Foxy here. Using Foxy + Webflow (non-ecommerce plan) will actually cost you less than Webflow Ecommerce alone in most cases. It will definitely be less expensive than building out your own solution. Mind confirming which gateway you’re wanting to integrate with?

Have you ever used Foxy on your projects?
We have hundreds of Webflow users who trust Foxy with their ecommerce needs. More info and some live examples can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io

Is the integration easy?
For most use cases, adding Foxy is super straight forward. Just depends on your needs. We integrate with Webflow’s CMS, Form Builder, button element, link block element, and html embed. We’re here to help every step of the way.

What about the designing possibilities, is it great to work with it on Webflow, or are we stucked to their cart’s template?
All Foxy templates (cart, checkout, receipt, emails) are fully customizable with your own html, css, and js. Some things can be customized in Webflow. For example, we have step by step instructions on how to add a custom header/footer to your Foxy templates in Webflow. Of course, we’re here to help if you run into any issues.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started. We offer an unlimited free trial, free one-on-one on-boarding, and more.

Thanks,
Josh

2 Likes

Hi Josh, thank you for helping me! I’m from Brazil, so since Webflow just work with Stripe and Paypal natively - Stripe is not supported in my country and Paypal tool is not that intuitive for my custumers - I had to find another way to go.

My client wanted me to Integrate their Ecommerce to Pagar.me https://pagar.me/ (a Stone Company), which is a Payment service that are from my Country, I’m not sure.

Anyway, I saw that your service is not compatible with the tool that I mentioned before, so nonetheless, can I integrate my Webflow Ecommerce to this Payment Tool by using foxy?

Hey op, +2 for Foxy cart.

2 Likes

Hi @philipeabner.
Thank you for confirming. Unless Pagar works with one of the 100+ gateways we support, I don’t think it will work: Payment Methods | Foxy.io

Does there happen to be another gateway your client is open to using? Also, to confirm, Foxy 100% replaces Webflow Ecommerce.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Which one is the best for my country? I’m not very into these Gateway Payment Services, so I just know a few of them. If you recommend me one service that works on my country and that is supported by your platform and works fully Webflow, I can make it work with my client.

Hi @philipeabner.
Here is a list of supported options for Brazil: gateways:start [Foxy Wiki]

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hi Josh! I saw on your website that you support MercadoPago, a service that is provided by a company in my country. Can I enable this gateway on my project?

Ty

Hi @philipeabner.
Thank you for getting in touch. To confirm, Foxy will 100% replace Webflow Ecommerce. So if you’re using Foxy, you can use MercadoPago.

If you’ve already got things setup with Webflow Ecommerce, we can walk you through moving over to Foxy while still managing your products in Webflow. Feel free to email us: hello@foxy.io.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh,
I also need mercadopago, I installed a template that already had installed webflow’s e-commerce, comes with few pre-built prods can you walk me thru the same solution? How do I avoid paying for the two e-commerce solutions (webflow and e-commerce) since I will only be using one and finally then do I buy the regular webflow cms NOT the e-commerce? please advise.
Cynthia

1 Like

Hi Cynthia. After a long time researching I found that webflow e-commerce is very basic and in my opinion still in beta.
Although the design features are wonderful, I cannot say the same to the e-commerce.

It’s impossible to connect other gateway besides Stripe and Paypal. You can create an Account on Stripe and ask for an invitation to be part of their beta testing in Brazil, but they don’t support installments up this date.

Paypal supports installments and works very well paired with webflow e-commerce, but it is not a transparent checkout.

That’s are your odds, good luck!

Hi @Cynthia_Zarza.
We’re happy to help. In most cases, Foxy will 100% replace Webflow Ecommerce functionality, meaning you can downgrade to a non-Webflow Ecommerce plan. If you have multiple products to manage, we recommend using Webflow CMS, but this isn’t required.

If you don’t mind, please email us your Webflow Read-only Link and project needs and we’ll get you pointed in the right direction: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh