In my CMS i have each collection item in a different section, but at the top of the page, i would like to have buttons across the top that when clicked takes u to the collection section. Only Im not sure how to link the buttons to a particular section. Ive only been able to link to a separate page.
this should help https://university.webflow.com/article/anchor-links
Well i was more so trying to apply it to different CMS items that are each on a different section. So if i select a section for each button to go to it can only go to one section since its a CMS collection. Im not sure if that makes sense the way im saying it
If you want to link directly to a cms list item, you’d have to do some custom coding to do that. I’m honestly not sure how. Can you explain more what you want to do?
I was aiming to have buttons at the top of the landing page that when clicked it would take u to a different cms/section. Only thing is since each section is a different cms item as well the anchor applied goes to the same section
I don’t think you can do this without custom code. You may be able to somehow override the div I’d with a custom embed to take the div I’d from a collection field but you’ll still have to link to it. It’s much easier to just link to each collection page manually. Honestly, having all that content load on one page is going to be very large for people to load.
Hey I see that this was an older post. However, for all the others that were looking for a solution, I’ve found one.
When you create a new CMS Collection and then place a CMS Collection Item in your layout. You’ll need to place a Button object in your CMS Collection Item.
So to answer the question about adding links from a CMS Collection you’ll need to click the button item.
- When you have selected the button object, navigate to the ‘Button Settings’ panel to the right.
- Under ‘Link Settings’ you’ll find the link CMS options.
- From there if you have a link field available in your CMS Collection you can select if from here, or manually add your URL directly.
- Also, here is where I got stuck. You can also add a custom ‘Collection Feild’ within the "CMS Collection’. I named mine ‘Link Title’.
- Then from there, you’ll be able to follow the aforementioned step 2, and there find the ‘Get text from “CMS Collection”’.