Background position broken in Beta Panel

I am reporting a bug with background position.

Anytime I try to change one value (vertical or horizontal) using the beta panel, it resets the other value to 0.

I might for example, have top set to 50% and want to set left to be 3px, but as soon as I set the 3px value my 50% top gets set to 0. Please fix.

No link on your “Link”

1 Like

Sorry that link is automatically put in place when you enter a new message. There is no link because this is a bug regarding the beta panel in general. I removed the link from my original message.

In the legacy style panel, you can use the “adjust” arrows to adjust the placement of the background image. In the beta panel, those arrows are removed. You can manually type in values for top and left but when I type a value in one, the other resets to zero.

Is this happening when click dragging or double click on the sub panel? Browser, browser version, and OS?

I’m on OS X 10.14.2 at the moment running Chrome Version 73.0.3677.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit), and Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit), and experiencing no issues with that element or its sub panel, in the beta panel.

Here is a screen capture of the problem. You’ll see me easily adjust the background image in legacy style panel…but when I switch to beta I am no longer able to adjust the background image the same way. It will just reset the other value to 0. Also when I switch from Fixed to Not Fixed, and then try and adjust the value it does the same thing: 2019-01-19_21-46-59.mp4

Not happening here.

Browser, browser version, and OS?

Hi @Bboyneko :wave: ,

That does seem weird that you’re experiencing this.

If possible, could you share yourread only link please, as I cannot reproduce on this end. It will allow me to take a closer look at all your settings to try and identify the issue.

I’ll be standing by for your response :slight_smile:

1 Like

This issue exists on Windows 10 / Chrome Canary Version 73.0.3668.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit).

This is a bug.

1 Like

Thank you so much @webdev.

This could save a lot of users some issues in the future if it makes it to the stable version of Chrome
I will load this up and test it out to reproduce.

Out of interest, did you test on any other OS, or just Windows 10?

Thanks.
Previous test –
“I’m on OS X 10.14.2 at the moment running Chrome Version 73.0.3677.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit), and Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit), and experiencing no issues with that element or its sub panel, in the beta panel.”

Bug report platform details:
Windows Pro 10
Windows build : 17134.523
Chrome Canary Version 73.0.3668.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)
Chrome Canary - Version 73.0.3679.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)
Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Note: Only webflow color picker loaded. No other plugins running. I will test current Chrome on Windows 10 and comment to this thread.

@magicmark -
Tested on Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit). Bug persists.

1 Like

Thank you and sorry I missed your first post! :slight_smile:

No problem! The issue appears on tablet down. No problem on desktop.

Here is a free beer project you can test it out on.

Try to edit the div.hero background position percentages on tablet down. You can see the same behavior as displayed in the screencap shared by @Bboyneko.

Oh, and if someone wants free beer, feel free to visit free-beer.webflow.io !

Browser: Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I can confirm the issue does not seem to exist on desktop view.

@magicmark - WEBFLOW: This bug exists across both Windows and OS X in Chrome. I just double checked OS X, as I realized that I did not check across breakpoints on that platform.

Without a fix you cannot set background image position of an element below desktop. Do you need a bug report on this? This is a critical bug. What is the ETA for a fix?

Our team is actively working on a fix right now. It’s a pretty hairy one so might take some time. For now, please use the legacy panel.

Hi! The fix for the background positioning issues has been shipped. There were a lot of edge cases and we think we got all of them, but would you be able to test and let me know if you still see any problems?

Looks like you got it.

Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Windows 10 Pro - Passed

Version 73.0.3683.2 (Official Build) canary (64-bit) - Windows 10 Pro - Passed

Version 74.0.3689.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)- Windows 10 Pro - Passed

Version 73.0.3677.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit) - OS X 10.14.2 (18C54)- Passed

Version 74.0.3689.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit) - OS X 10.14.2 (18C54) - Passed

Version 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) - OS X 10.14.2 (18C54) - Passed

Version 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) - - OS X 10.14.2 (18C54) - Passed

Hi,

I’m experiencing the same issue on Windows XP, Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Build officiel) (64 bits).
Strange thing is sometimes it works, but most of the time that doesn’t. I have to switch the beta pannel off to make the change.
Hope you can get this one as well :slight_smile:

Update:
When I click on “cover”, I can change the background position once and the size goes to “custom” and I can’t change it anymore.
If I want to change it again I have to click again on “cover” and repeat the operation.
Is it the correct behavior for that option?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.