Apple Pay Verification

I am trying to verify Apple Pay through the Ecwid checkout and Stripe.

To do this I have to do two things:

1. Create a page located at this url:
    https://mywebsite.com/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association
    But Webflow automatically removes the “.” and “/” in “.well-known/”

2. Then I have to have a “apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association” file (which I have already) uploaded to that domain.

The problem is I can’t figure out how to accomplish either of these tasks. Keep in mind this is with Ecwid and Stripe, not Webflow’s built in business features. Any help or insight would be massively appreciated, thanks.

Hi @Izahah, welcome to the forums.

I don’t believe this is possible. Main reason is you can’t provide that path on your site. Apple verification does not domains behind a proxy nor redirects. Wish I had better news for you. I am not the last place to check though.

I suggest you open a trouble ticket to see if the WF team can muster a workaround. If you do end up with a solution please come back to this topic and share it.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! Thats what I feared. I’ll be sure to share if I find any solutions.

1 Like

Hi Izahah, I have the same problem you have - did you find a solution?

Sadly not, I just decided to settle for Webflow’s Ecom package instead of Ecwid. It doesn’t seem possible to get Apple Pay working with Ecwid.

Shame! thanks for coming back to me…

That’s really annoying being that Webflow are saying its super easy yet dont allow something as simple as allowing users to add certificates, or have a “.well-known/” folder…

Looks like i’ll be going elsewhere…

We currently use Ecwid and have been happy with the Apple pay intergration with stripe. The site we have it on was a square space site and I do not remember doing anything extra. We are slowly moving to Webflow but are we saying that if we intergrate with ecwid then Apple pay is a no. We well physical goods in a certain location so Webflow commerce option is not going to work for us.

1 Like

I was just wondering if anyone has figured this one out yet.

Cheers!

1 Like

Still no solution to this ? 2022 ?

Just use CloudFlare in front of webflow and add the path there.

Hi, do you mind writing a simple walkthrough talk through?

@Richard3

There is a couple of hours of work involved in migrating your DNS, setting this up right and testing it properly, and there are some complexities around Webflow’s SSL for reverse proxies.

If you need help adding this to your site, drop me a message.