'API Key Failed' Error with Webflow Pages Plugin for Wordpress

I was using the Webflow Pages plug-in on my Wordpress site and then added a custom domain to get ride of the Webflow badge.

However, after publishing on the new, custom domain the Wordpress plug-in disconnected and now gives the error ‘The API key failed. Try publishing your Webflow site first’ even after generating a new key.

I’ve seen older posts with this issue but none show a resolution. Any ideas?

Try resaving permalinks and see if that resolves it. I don’t use the plugin myself. I think there are better options. Also did you follow the “Try publishing your Webflow site first’ even after generating a new key.” suggestion in the error message?

Thanks Jeff. Do you mean resaving the permalinks setting in Wordpress? Tried that but still the same error. Yes, I have published the website and also tried unpublishing and republishing and tried using keys generated before and after publishing. Nothing worled.

You might consider deactivating the plugin and activating it again to see if that works. If not then you could also try removing the plugin and reinstalling it.

Webflow WordPress plugin is OLD.

" This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress . It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress."

Last update was 2 years ago so not something I could recommend to a client. I convert wf sites to WordPress for some customers and use Pinegrow to do it. Then you end up with real management in WordPress versus a reverse proxy implementation the plugin does. Anything you could build in Webflow I can build in WordPress. Reach out if you want professional services.

Hi Corey, were you able to get the plugin to work?
I’m having the same exact issue.