Animation Problems with Negative Z-Index elements

Hi community,

I’ve been stumped by this Webflow bug for a while now. My elements with negative z-index values are loading with positive z-index values during animation sequences, but switching to the correct value after the interaction is finished.

If you preview my site, you’ll see that my elements main-background and nav-outline are animating with positive z-index values until the animation is finished, at which point the elements will move back to their correct position.

I’m using IX2 with a Page Load interaction.

Really hoping there is a solution to this! Thanks for any help!

Edit: I gave main-background a red background color to help see the error.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolio-bykirk?preview=c2b376e59aaf56ca4e402fb9d443c9e1

Hi @Rocky4OnDVD

Thanks for posting about this issue.

I’m looking into it now with our team - as soon as I have more information, I’ll post back here!

In the mean time, I’ve made a quick video showing you how to workaround this: Screen Recording 2017-12-21...

I hope this helps!

1 Like

I was thinking about fixing it like that but wanted to see what people thought before I made my code even messier than it already is haha. :upside_down_face: Thanks @Brando! Really appreciate it.

Interested in keeping up with this if the bug gets sorted out in the future!

1 Like

I just found this bug show up again when trying animate an element that has a negative Scale value.

And as a similar problem, IX2 doesn’t even allow you to enter a negative value when animating Scale. (sort of a separate issue but still related to IX2 and negative values).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.