All interactions have disappeared from my website

Hi,

I just realized that we’ve lost all our interactions on our website.

Legacy animations continue to work but all new animations have disappeared.

I realized this when I wanted to create a new animation and the list was empty.

We had I think something like 20 different animations working on the whole website.

I contacted webflow support but have not had an answer…
Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @chloecan

Thanks for posting about this — I took a look through our inbox but wasn’t able to see a ticket from you?

Can you please try reaching out once more via our contact form? Webflow Customer Support | Webflow University

That said, our team recently pushed an update to interactions that allows interactions with CSS filters. Our team is investigating this now to see if these were related. I’ll be sure to post back here when I have more details from the team.

​Thanks in advance for your patience.

Just noticed filters got added to interactions 2.0, really glad to see that, super awesome!

However, the interaction preview isn’t working for me on my windows machine but it is working on my mac. Both running latest version of Chrome.

For those interested in the update:
https://webflow.com/feature/apply-css-filters-in-interactions

Thanks for letting us know about this. The team is looking into this right now.

@DharmaNode @chloecan Can you please share your Read-Only links?

Here’s my preview link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/intuiface-wip?utm_source=intuiface-wip&preview=619775aab097efa1a71c39f2883649d3

I had to recreate some interactions because I couldn’t revert to an older version. I had worked too much since the last version (backup) who still contained interactions (5 days earlier).

The release on October 4 is oddly in line with when I lost my interactions… :shushing_face: @Brando

Hi @chloecan

Thanks for sharing that — I’ve passed this additional info along to the team.

The release on October 4 is oddly in line with when I lost my interactions…

Do you mean you were able to recover the interactions?

​Thanks in advance!

No I was not because I did not want to revert to a backup version that was 5 days old. I worked too much on the website after that. I started recreating interactions but I am not happy with how this turned out.
This is the first time this happens to me and I do not want to fear losing parts of my website when webflow makes updates. This is going to take hours of work for me to recreate all the interactions on my website.

Hi @chloecan

I can definitely understand the frustration of having to recreate interactions. Our team is working at high priority to ensure we get this resolved quickly.

I’m doing some digging trying to see at what point the ix went missing. I’m looking at backup previews of your site from Oct 2nd and am not seeing any Interactions 2.0 ix — only legacy.

Can you please let me know what backup still has these interactions 2.0 interactions?

​Thanks in advance.

This one for sure had interactionss: Design Responsive Websites - Webflow

For the rest hard to say since most of the backups don’t work…

Hi @chloecan

intuiface-wip is the project I was looking through when I wasn’t able to find the Interactions 2.0 animations.

Can you send me a screenshot of the specific backup and timestamp with those still intact?

since most of the backups don’t work…

Can you clarify what you mean? Are you not able to preview or restore to them? If not that may be another issue and I can definitely look into that more.

​Thanks in advance, and I’m standing by for your reply.

Most of the backups fail to load. Just try any one. It doesn’t load correctly.
So I am unable to see where interactions stopped working.
Just try the backups I don’t know what else to tell you. I’ve tried like 15 and only one worked (managed to load correctly) and it’s the one I sent you. I don"t remember it’s timestamp.

Hi @chloecan

That’s definitely odd — I’m able to load up these backups as expected.

Can you send me a screen recording of what you see (CloudApp or Quicktime work well)?

Can you please try the following:

Could you also please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

The console doesn’t show much apart from the fact that it fails to load.
Same in incognito mode.

1 Like

HI @chloecan

Thanks for the quick reply here. That’s definitely not expected behavior and I’ve forwarded this to our team as well.

It may be directly related to the interactions issue you first experienced, but our engineers will investigate this further to find out for sure. I’ll keep you updated as I learn more about the issue.

Thanks for your help and patience with this :bowing_man:

Also, I have a quick update for you around the interactions missing from the site.

Our engineers were able to dig into this a bit more and found the culprit that caused the ix2 data loss. We are currently working on implementing measures that will prevent this from happening again.

After that fix goes live, our team will also be able to restore the lost interactions back to the current version of your project. I don’t have an exact time frame for when this will go live, but we are working hard to get this resolved for you.

I’ll post back here with more details when I have them :bowing_man:

Many thanks Brando for digging into this (and your team).

Keep me updated but since I worked on adding back many interactions, it might not be necessary to restore them… we’ll see when you get there.

1 Like

Hi @chloecan

I sent you an email as well but wanted to cross post here.

Our engineers were able to implement some safeguards that will prevent this type of interaction data loss in the future.

Our team will now focus on restoring previously lost interactions. Can you please let me know if your site is still missing interactions, or if you’ve already restored them?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Happy to hear it. Will respond by email.

1 Like

@Brando I just had all of my interactions disappear as well.

Here is a preview link to the project where the interactions have disappeared:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/civic-edge-consulting?utm_source=civic-edge-consulting&preview=bf40df126fdb9b9819c968883024c916

And here’s a link to the published staging site where the interactions work:
http://civic-edge-consulting.webflow.io/

This is incredibly frustrating. Just lost several hours worth of work here.