Affiliate Gallery w/ individual different external URLs in blog post template

I want to create a one-line gallery in my blog post template where the images are linked each to a different external URL. The URLs and images will change for each post. The reason I want to create this is to make product recommendations of products I mention in the blog post and link each image to the product with the affiliate link from f.e. Amazon. This is a blog that is using that function which is likely created by a Wordpress plugin: https://www.theskinnyconfidential.com/empties-skin-care/ and I added a screenshot with comments to explain it more in detail.

Does anyone have an idea of how I could build this in Webflow or if there is a third party app I can embed to make this possible? I already searched for an app for quite a while and can’t find anything that might make this possible.

I’m looking forward to your tips!

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 13.50.21|434x500

If you are manually deciding which products to recommend per post, you can simply set this up as additional fields in your blog’s CMS collection.

You would only need two additional fields, let’s call them “Referral Image” and “Referral Link”. You manually enter the image and link when you write the blog post. At the bottom of your blog post template page, set up a wrapper to hold all of your referred products. This can be as simple as a parent div element (the wrapper), and a child link block element. In the link block’s settings, you will be able to set the BG Image as the CMS Item’s “Referral Image”, and set the URL of the link block to the “Referral Link”.

Let me know if any of that doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I think it worked quite well! Thank you! :pray:t2: It was easier than I thought :blush:

Hey @coralynn,

Awesome! I’m glad that was the solution you were after :slight_smile:

All the best

1 Like