Cross-reference products

I created an ecommerce site.
The shop offers single products, but also sets with 2-4 products – some of the products in a set are also available individually.

I have a gallery page where all products are listed (singles as well as sets), and product pages with bigger images, more description, specs and an add-to-cart button.

Clicking on one of the items in the gallery takes the user to the actual product page.
On the product page I added a (text) list:

• if the product is a set the list pulls in the names of the respective individually available products
  • if it’s a single product the list pulls in the names of the sets of which this product is part of
    So far so good.
    But I now need mentioned list items to not just pull in the relevant product names but to also (when clicked) link to these product pages. Is there a way to do that via CMS or do I need to add a second div with a link and manually add the product page to that link?!

Possible scenario/experience: I see a set that I like (made up of 5 products, products 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) in the overview/gallery –– I click on that set item in the gallery –– I land on the respective set product page –– on that product set page I see a list that tells me that item 1 and item 3 are also available separately –– I click on one of the names on the list to go to the respective (single) product page.
[in bold is where I get stuck – I can’t figure out how to make the listed names (pulled from the CMS) into links to the actual product page.

See screenshots attached.

Hep highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Ok… so I found a workaround. But I hope there’s a better way to do that.

I was able to sneak a transparent link layer on top of the actual reference layer and that pulls now the “current product page” selected in the links setting. Seems to work.
See screenshot attached.

I’d be really happy though if someone could point me to a more intuitive, simpler solution. This feels like cheating…

Rapha

…and for some reason the above solution only works one way, from sets to individual products but not from individual products to sets – even though it’s set up in the same product template and shows the right name in the list.
Go figure…!

I need help!