Advice for CMS setup with global information

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some CMS advice… Imagine you have a restaurant and you have a website with multiple unique pages and different types of content, such as blog posts, service pages, static pages and collection items etc. Now let’s say there is information that is globally used such as the restaurant opening times which are used in multiple ways, such as the footer, the header navigation, on static pages in text or the contact page etc.

What would be the smartest way to make editing the opening times as easy as possible for my client? How would you ideally set up the CMS?

In the most ideal situation, the client can edit 1 field for the opening times instead of having to edit it in the header symbol, footer symbol and on different pages inside text.

Coming from Wordpress i guess i’m looking for a solution (or the most simple way) similar to the Wordpress Advanced Custom Fields plugin where you can create an Options page containing any values that isn’t connected to any type of custom post type (collection list) or page but are globally stored values which can be used anyware troughout the website. This is a great solution for global information that don’t require a collection list.

Advice would be much appriciated :ok_hand:

Kind regards,
Iwan

There is a page in the Webflow University that I recommend you review if you haven’t.
Might be a fit for your need.

If you are still stuck, let us know.

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

With symbols this can be done to some extent, but when it’s a simple text value that is used in different ways you would need different symbols and the client still needs to edit that value in different places.

I already found the solution i’m looking for :grinning: Timothy created a template where he makes smart use of collection lists. He created 1 collection called ‘General information’ with 1 collection item ‘Business name’ where some general fields are available such as ‘brand color, social media links, logo, emailadress’. He uses those fields wherever needed inside the website with multiple collection lists (but limited to always show the first collection item). So the email address could be a big animating title but also somewhere small in the footer but still have the same value, which can easily be edited by the client in the cms in 1 place. Much more convenient than editing that same email address in multiple symbols and pages.

Thank you @timothy1643 for thinking of such a smart way of using collection lists :slight_smile:

Hope this post helps anyone with having the same questions.