Wistia video won't play on iphone or ipad

I’m trying to get a Wistia video to work on a page I’ve created. It works fine on my desktop, but won’t work on any of my iOS devices. I’ve tried it with the Video element and have also tried it with the embed code in a custom code element. The result is the same. Is anybody having issues with Wistia videos on mobile devices?

Here’s the page: www.growth-cfo.com/thrive

Hey Jay, if you share a read-only link to your site I can check it out.

In the meantime, make when you’re adding it as an embed, the option in green shown in the screenshot below is set to “Responsive” (on Wistia).

With that enabled, the video will resize to fit whatever container (or div) it’s in. Then make sure the container/div gets resized properly for mobile, just set the width to 95% or something and leave the height default or on auto. I think your video not playing on mobile is a resizing issue.

1 Like

Thank you for helping!

Yeah, I’ve tried those, but I will double check to make sure.

Here’s the share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/growthcfo?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=growthcfo&preview=065e818774a1088bb50709bcbba5a13b&pageId=5ea8908de7ff6460bc3da626&mode=preview

For the container that the video is contained in, I’ve tried 95%, 50%, 50VW. Nothing seems to work on mobile.

Cancel the request for help. I switched to Vimeo and it works fine. Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry for the delay! Hmm, yeah odd – I use Wistia. Good to hear that Vimeo got it working though!