Will eCommerce have inventory management functionality or be able to connect to other systems?

A lot of companies already use inventory management system to keep track of their stock. Will Webflow eCommerce at one point be able to connect to other systems to show simple things like if specific products is in stock or not? If not, will Webflow eCommerce have functionality to handle simple inventory management?

Screenshot_2018-10-26_211037

1 Like

Sure, but “manage inventory” can span from very basic to advanced features. Many inventory management systems (IMS) handle shipping, stock listings and other stuff that is not directly related to the web shop. Have had several talks with customers already about eCommerce, the one thing that seems to be a concern is if Webflow can’t handle all the things more specialized IMS systems can do and that the customer then has to update two isolated systems. Would be nice to know a bit more about this if possible!

@Christoffer my guess is that this will take some time. You can always use Zapier and REST API to update other systems. Is there any special system you think about?

@JanneWassberg Not at this point, both companies is start ups that is looking for web+IMS solutions now. I guess a beta version of Webflow eCommerce will be a bit to “risky” for these projects at this point.

I will rebuild one of my Shopify stores in Webflow BETA and use it live… Need to do some testing.
Will keep you informed.

1 Like

Hi @Christoffer!

Webflow Ecommerce has simple inventory management built in – you can specify whether or not each individual product should have inventory tracked, and set/manage the available quantities for them. And as orders are placed in the live site, these inventory amounts will be automatically adjusted.

You can also customize the design / behavior for interactions on the live stores when end customers view the product pages for items that are currently out of stock, the error messages for if they try to add or purchase more than are currently available, etc.

As for integrating with other systems, in the immediate term we are making that possible through the API and Zapier. We haven’t fully released the API endpoints and Zapier triggers/actions to support a full inventory management integration, but plan on having that available in the near future.

I hope that helps!

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Question on inventory management

I am struggling with inventory in initial testing with full appreciation of the ecommerce improvements made so far

Inventory count at CMS list level - We need to see the inventory of the products CMS listing. There is no list level visibility or sort by low count.

Let us add any fields as CMS columns including custom fields needed by admin for managing products.

Open up access to the inventory count field . 5 remaining will provide a better UX than “sorry we don’t have that many, try a number between 4 and 0”. I feel this count is precious data I need access to anywhere.

Some other opportunities where opening around inventory count (as a field, filter, visibility etc):

• create lightweight event / class bookings ( I hate booking software - overkill for simple stuff)

• Simple admin pages for stakeholders like wholesale clients, vendors and such

I added Inventory visibility - on site and in the cms | Webflow Wishlist

It would be nice if webflow would integrate the stock details from spreadsheet update, and make this work both on CMS and ecommerce. Because marketing websites just with no ecommerce functionality can inform customers of out of stock items based on the spreadsheet data.

1 Like

@kkilat - Did Webflow ever come out with the updated capability to integrate with IMS tools? If so, which ones are compatible?

Hi @Allie_Bitzer, Welcome to the forum.

Webflow added an Update Item Inventory feature to the API. Webflow CMS API Reference -Update Item Inventory so developers could integrate backend systems. I am not aware of a IMS that has Webflow API functionality built in but any system that can work with remote REST API’s should be able to integrate. There are potential integrations using Zapier or Integromat so if your selected system supports them then it may be possible. Let us know if you need more help and if you do feel free to open a new topic.

2 Likes