When post a link on Facebook, Image was not shown on facebook, only the text below? Why

What happens? I posted this on Facebook today, but the Image was not shown on facebook, only the text below, - but there was no image? Why does this is happening. It worked a few months ago, but not today. And facebook says that there is this problem “The following required properties are missing: og: url, fb: app_id” - But I have no idea what to do? Is there anyone here who can help?
But in the Desinger everything is OK

Hi @neanea6060,

Thanks for your post. I took a look and everything seemed ok for the opengraph settings, when I checked on Twitter the image was showing:

It could be there is some trouble with facebook caching, but the page has the native Webflow opengraph settings and those seem to be ok.

Usually when I make some changes to a page and it has been a few months, if something is not showing as expected I will publish the site and do some checks below, although the opengraph settings for this site appear to be ok:

Shared with CloudApp

Sometimes a site republish helps to update the last published date in the html.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply.

I have published the site again several times, and also tried several times to go to Debugger, - but still it the images is not showig up. So what is wrong?? And what to do??
I have never experienced anything like this with Facebook. Have posted countless websites on Facebook and there has always been a picture with the link. What do I do?
By the way, I alos have tried to publised the dat as html. But still it don’t work??

In the e-mail I got from you, you also mentioned this (but this is not here on the forum , - why??)

You mentioned this:

1. Update the site and page SEO Title and Meta Description (if needed)
2. Update the site Open Graph settings (if needed)
3. Update and set the site RSS feed settings (if needed)
4. Setup Google Analytics or update (if needed)
5. Submit the published Sitemap to Google for re-indexing

But how do I do this 5 update above?

Hi @neanea6060,

Thanks for your reply, I actually had included that comment as I could not see if your opengraph image was set but it seems it is from looking at the html.

Here is an article about the sitemap: Sitemap | Webflow University

Although that should not itself be a reason why the image is not showing, I think Facebook is having trouble to show the image for some reason, but other services like Twitter are able to show that.

One thing you might try doing:

1. Remove both custom domains that are on the hosting tab of project settings.
  2. Re-add the custom domain christmaschild.fo and then www.christmaschild.fo
  3. Set the www.christmaschild.fo domain as the default domain
  4. Republish the site

Here one can see the published html with the og:image:

Shared with CloudApp

After those steps are complete, let me know and I will help to check further.

Thank you very much!
But I don’t know how to do this ?? Have no idea?

• how do i do this you say:

1. Remove both custom domains that are on the hosting tab of project settings.
    2. Re-add the custom domain christmaschild.fo and then www.christmaschild.fo
    3. Set the www.christmaschild.fo domain as the default domain

It is in a too high level to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: - also the article, which I don’t understand ?

Hi @neanea6060, well that is a troubleshooting step to remove/add the custom domains and republish, however I can see that the site has been published today:

Shared with CloudApp

So you can probably skip those steps as the sharing debugger is pulling the correct opengraph tags as shown in the raw data it has scraped:

Shared with CloudApp

Did you create this original site or did you have a designer do this for you?

I ran some tests and I think that if you change the Open Graph image that is being used, then publish the site, it should start to work. I think there may be something about the image itself that Facebook does not want to render correctly.

.cyberdave

WoW!! Now it works. I did a new image, and gave it a new name, and posted out again. And now it works!!! Jubii!!
I have done this website. I have done about 9 Webflow sites (I come from Muse)

1 Like

Hi @neanea6060 that is fantastic news, I am really happy to hear that :slight_smile:

Awesome that you found Webflow after Muse went away, great to have you in the community :slight_smile:

Those opengraph sharing troubles can sometimes be tricky, but you did great and all the publishing seems to be working normally :slight_smile:

.cyberdave

1 Like

Thanks a lot @cyberdave !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Yes , I am so glad I found Webflow! But it take a long time to learn. But I have been learning now for about 2,5 year. And it gets better and better :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like