What's WRONG webflow team?

Hi @ayrevisited, thanks for your reply.

You mentioned:

I understand you don’t feel comfortable to share deadlines with a broaden audience, could you please at list share the list based on the priorities?

At the moment I cannot give you exact timelines or features, our approach is to keep those new features close to the vest when it comes to scheduling and deployments, we do not provide timelines as to not disappoint if the timeline needs to change.

Webflow’s customers trust us to build the tools they need, but having confirmed timelines for new features is not something we currently provide.

You qualify our posts as “complains” and this is not correct.

I did not say that your post was just a complaint if that were the case maybe the post would have been hidden, but as you can see, the post you created was not hidden, I am just saying that we are open to feedback where we can improve,

If the feedback is made in a courteous manner and is not just a blanket statement complaining about a feature without providing more details about how a feature implementation can help to change things for the better, or be constructive, then it is more likely that a post would be hidden (for example a post designed to incite a flame war in posts).

Different people use Webflow for different reasons, and there is definitely room for improvement in Webflow, but that could be said for most managed platforms.

I have been watching the interview of your CEO and it sounds like eCommerce is not really the company’s focus here, although it was launched over a year ago. I see your previous reply being liked by only WF employees or supporters. The overall WF community is not eager to see deliverables now.

I think it is safe to say that Webflow does have multiple areas of focus, not just ecommerce, but ecommerce is a focus area we are committed to improving with new features.

ecommerce in Webflow is still in the first stages, more features and updates will be coming in the future.

2 Likes

I find your claims unfair.

You know about all the limitations and you chose Webflow anyway.

Webflow is a few years old. Multi-language takes a few years of development for a good team. Because a tool exists in 2020 doesn’t mean it should right away be geared with everything you expect it to have.

You juge the tool on what it is now. If you look at how steadily the features are coming, the picture is different.

The majority of designers here know how to chose the appropriate tool, for the appropriate job, at the appropriate time.

19 Likes

@vincent :ok_hand: Just the right answer at the right time

5 Likes

100% agree - if you truly invest the time to understand what Webflow is and approach it with a creative mindset - the “limitations”, “bugs”, and “problems” begin to disappear. This is a real tool that requires real expertise and logic to master.

The Webflow team is extremely thoughtful about how they implement each feature and I think we can all learn from their example…especially as we start to be able to build our own products at an insane pace in the future.

I do projects for very large, high profile enterprise clients/brands using Webflow. I am able tackle their most challenging deadlines, highly trafficked sites, and complex designs because I have a deep understanding of the product and design within the limits. If something doesn’t exist then don’t pitch it to begin with or come up with a creative alternative. In many cases you can use the “limitations” as an advantage or a mechanism that drives you towards a simpler or more concise feature solution.

Are there features I’d like to see? Sure.

Do I check the updates page twice a day? Absolutely. Everyone wants more stuff.

Are more features coming? I have all the confidence in the world that they are and that those tools will allow each of us to build things none of us ever dreamed would be in our reach.

In the meantime be creative, learn the tool, have some patience, and contribute where you can.

A personal huge thank you to every single team member and volunteer at Webflow for all you do. Keep up the great work.

12 Likes

I m not able to integrate Paypal.

Is there a tutorial for that?

Sincerely,
Ben

2 Likes

I managed it by just drag and drop the button in to it.

Honestly. I agree with a lot of the negative points in this thread. I think e commerce isn’t ready. And should be advertised as a really basic store instead of coming across like an enterprise product. Setting those high expectations only makes companies come on board, find limitations, and abandon ship leaving them with hatred for all things Webflow. Not a good look! I have so many thoughts on all of these issues and I’m going to speak with upper management next week and address your concerns as well. If you have anything specific you’d like me to mention, shoot me a dm. Don’t lose faith in our beloved Webflow! I’m going to fight for us so they do right by us and the platform.

1 Like

Hello,
Follow the link below, I hope it will help you out