What's WRONG webflow team?

Webflow received a sizeable investment recently, yet nothing has improved in terms of delivering requested features sooner or fixing bugs.

As far as information about the investment was released, it seems that Webflow would extend their activities into developing a platform for web apps. With that extra distraction, I cannot see any hope for improvement in addressing features and bugs less slowly. Just on the contrary :frowning:

Back then, I started a post raising the question whether that large investment would be the end of Webflow (at least the end of the way we knew it at the beginning - great UI and fairly good speed of building features).

Expectedly, the post was censored and archived :slight_smile:

E-commerce aside, the core platform for building static web sites (so called “Designer”) is lacking in so many ways and what is worse, Webflow’s performance on UI is degrading :frowning:

For example “Interactions 2.0” was expected to be crème de la crème of visual coding of interactions, yet it turned out nothing special in terms of capability and horrible in terms of UI (being even worse than the older interactions UI :frowning:). And this is just one of many examples.

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with me. I just emailed them.

2 Likes

The date of launch has nothing to do with execution. I have been in the eCommerce/Digital world long enough to witness players doing a better job than others across the years. It comes up to C-levels and down to the management team. What I am questioning here, is the focus of Webflow…when I read the type of email responses I am get or the email responses I never get…same with the forum.
Agree with you on the features, some needed on one website cannot be applied to everyone’s business but it’s common sense to me to have at least multiple currency converter, multilingual platform, and multiple payment options. But pretending this, is fooling the users : https://webflow.com/blog/webflow-ecommerce-is-now-live “Since our beta launch in November of 2018, we’ve been hard at work on the full release of Webflow Ecommerce. Today, we’re proud to announce that the work is complete, and Webflow Ecommerce is officially launched. But this is still just the beginning.”

Check out this forum, are we all using the same currency, speaking the same mother tongue and paying with the same logo on our card?
I strongly believe that if you want things to change/grow, you cannot refresh the page and wait to see how a list has been updated…

2 Likes

Fully agree, a lack of priority doesn’t correlate with a lack of time.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this valuable information here. I will monitor this post to make sure it stays here. Hopefully the webflow team is being transparent with us.

1 Like

Sorry to bump in here and pls do not miss understand me. But why so negative? You say you have been in the business for so long time, why don’t you do your research of the WF eCom status before starting a project?

I have also been in the business for ma y, many years. It stayed with Shopify for a long time because WF was lacking functions. It’s called research.

I have now moved over some sites to WF from Shopify. The sites i moved over works fine and have what they need. Other sites will be moved at a later time.

Why don’t you use another eCom if you are not happy

2 Likes

I actually think your reply needs to be misunderstood.

2 Likes

One is allowed to be critical. Dismissing critique because it’s negative is asinine. “Just suck it up or use something else” doesn’t help in the slightest.

5 Likes

Or be open minded and have a constructive dialogue with WF and contribute with ideas, wishlist, write white papers. I agree that WF is missing a lot of function but I can still have a nice dialogue and be constructive in my relation to WF. We know the eCom is a new product to WF we can decide to use it or not.

If I decide to use a product that I know are lacking features I know what I’m doing. My goal is to report, give ideas and try to push WF to do it faster. But still is my decision to use it or not

2 Likes

In my opnion the ecommerce platforms was release to soon.

The most basic idea is missing (sitetree issue). Create nested tree:

Fashion store:

• Shoes > slippers > product

Jewelry store:

• rings > weddings > product

For now, very hard to create fashion, jewelry, cosmetic stores and so on (any store with 2 levels hierarchy).

Related: No way to sort/filter pagelist (without mixitup - custom-code).

For me this issue is more important than mega copoun system and micro features.

3 Likes

Agree, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Will you file for divorce after having an argument with your wife or your husband?
This post chain has actually a lot of positive/valuable inputs for WF and should be appreciated, not being undermined.
If your goal is to report, then I suggest to start writing down all inputs made by the community in this post as well as previous people’s inputs/complaints and assess them against WF priorities. Gap? Dismatch? Discrepancy? Need to review priorities then. I suggest to add clear deadlines next to each deployment item.
Will you be able to start working on this with your team today and share with us?
What else do you need to make a change?

1 Like

No I will not, since WF already have an eCom team doing this. What a will do as I always do is to be in contact with WF about findings in ideas. Reporting bugs and more.

I’m not working for WF I’m supporting WF

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad it helped

1 Like

Hey guys, am I dreaming?

2 Likes

We don’t need ideas here, we need execution. Spending time on reporting bugs will be endless! No wonder why the waiting list is not moving for years now…
Can you please involve the WF eCommerce team in this chain then?

Hi @ayrevisited, thanks for your comments, I know it can be frustrating when a feature you were expecting is not built in, Webflow has been making a number of updates to Ecommerce since Feb 2019, here is the list (as taken from the Latest updates and features | Webflow pages:

1. Enable Apple Pay and Webpayments on checkout page - March 8, 2019
  2. Showcase unique Galleries per product variant - September 19, 2019
  3. Webflow ecommerce open in 8 additional countries - September 26, 2019
  4. Collect more info from your ecommerce customers - October 9, 2019
  5. Paypal checkout for ecommerce - November 5, 2019
  6. Simply checkout for ecommerce orders that do not need shipping - December 11, 2019

There are many more features for ecommerce on the way that have been requested on the Wishlist, but I cannot give you an exact timeline for those updates.

As others have mentioned, if there is a feature that you need which Webflow does not have built in yet, the option to use another ecommerce like Foxy.io is an option.

Just a few comments to some parts of this thread:

Now I get support on some issues, other issues I got told I should post on the Forum or I should check with a freelancer from another community. Most of the freelancers have no idea, they ask a ridiculous amount of money for small tweaks.

– Webflow provides instructions and tutorials on our University help site at https://university.webflow.com as well as tutorials and webinars on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCELSb-IYi_d5rYFOxWeOz5g

Webflow does not, however, provide direct design help for editing or changing your design. The recommendation to find a freelancer is if you do not want to do the design work yourself, or do not want to spend the time to learn how to use Webflow. That is completely optional if you choose a freelancer or not, but it still does not change our customer support policy if you choose not to get a freelancer or take the time to learn Webflow using the provided resources.

If Webflow was still a beta version then why is it the most expensive CMS on the market today?

Webflow as a service is not in Beta. Individual features that are released in Webflow may have a beta release prior to official deployments, but the service as a platform is not in Beta.

I am not so sure Webflow is the most expensive CMS on the market, Webflow provides many services for the cost of a cms site plan, including 1 click hosting over the fast amazon CDN, SSL, the ability to use the Designer UI and CMS editor, the CMS API, Zapier integration, ability to receive form submissions, custom fonts, google fonts and Adobe Typekit fonts, ability to share sites read only links, ability to use staging hosting or custom domain hosting and more.

For the amount of infrastructure and design UI services provided by Webvflow compared to other services like the Wordpress business plan at $25 per month: Image 2020-02-04 at 8.13.00 AM, I think our hosting plan pricing for $16 per month on the cms site plan is fair.

Regaring the comment that:

For example “Interactions 2.0” was expected to be crème de la crème of visual coding of interactions, yet it turned out nothing special in terms of capability and horrible in terms of UI (being even worse than the older interactions UI :frowning:). And this is just one of many examples.

I disagree, interactions 2.0 can help to make interactions much easier and faster than the old interactions, I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with that, I would like to know more about what kind of interaction you are trying to create that causes you more work than interactions 2.0, I can help to raise this with the team.

Expectedly, the post was censored and archived :slight_smile:

Webflow does not “Censor” posts. If a post is just a rant and does not help to contribute in a positive way, we may hide the post. The Webflow team works hard to build the features that are needed, the timeline is now always immediate, but we make good faith efforts to build out the features that are requested. Just making a blanket statement that Webflow is bad because some feature you are not happy with is not fair and does not accurately represent the feelings of the vast majority who use Webflow, which is in itself optional, there are other tools if Webflow does not meet your particular need.

Hopefully the webflow team is being transparent with us.

Webflow always strives to be transparent and to keep our customers informed. We have the Wishlist (https://wishlist.webflow.com) so that customers can make requests, and we have the updates page which show which features have been produced: Latest updates and features | Webflow

We also have regular YouTube 1:1’s with company leadership, see the last Q&A with our company CEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5DY3IYVKoo

In addition, we allow customers to provide critical feedback on the forum, we do not Censor posts, but we also do not want the forum to turn into a medium just to complain.

Most of the items you have mentioned in your list Webflow is working to add to our feature set, the design and creation of the software is not easy and it takes time to create, test and support the product features that help us to bridge the gap between code and nocode.

Webflow has never stopped moving forward in the creation of new features, it has been continually growing and adding new features since 2013 and I expect great new features to continue to be released.

13 Likes

creating a new topic here as the previous topic has been closed

Hi @cyberdave
thank you very much for taking the time to write your answer.

You mentioned :slight_smile:
There are many more features for ecommerce on the way that have been requested on the Wishlist, but I cannot give you an exact timeline for those updates.

I understand you don’t feel comfortable to share deadlines with a broaden audience, could you please at list share the list based on the priorities? It will be helpful to show actions to the many users who shared feedback/insights across the months/years.
WF forum should respect the freedom of speech, like any other media. You qualify our posts as “complains” and this is not correct. There are gaps that you guys should recognize and respect. www, social media…big opportunity today to share and help companies grow together.

I have been watching the interview of your CEO and it sounds like eCommerce is not really the company’s focus here, although it was launched over a year ago. I see your previous reply being liked by only WF employees or supporters. The overall WF community is not eager to see deliverables now.

Thanks in advance for being transparent with the community. Please note this feedback has one major goal: make the tool grow positively and collaboratively.

3 Likes