Website form notifications

Once again I have stopped receiving an email telling me someone left me a form request on my website. Webflow keeps fixing this, I start receiving them, the a week or so later I get a call from an angry customer/potential customer telling me I am ignoring them. so I contact webflow again. Anyone else have this issue? Im getting a bad reputation.

Hey @Sully,

I have not experienced this personally. It sounds frustrating and buggy :frowning:
Does that happens on all of your projects? few of them? only one?

I only have one website. But it happens all the time.

Is your mail service through G-Suite? I haven’t had issues with Webflow or exported sites but others suggested that we add a specific Google DNS (SPF) record to help with the domain email reliability.

What feedback are you given? Could it be that emails are forwarded to the end user by the client and they are then clicking the unsubscribe link?

I’m having this same issue. It’s very frustrating. Is there a solution to this?

I just discovered that after months my client’s job applications form was not sending email notices and has now started sending again. That means countless applications were not received and not acted upon. How can this be happening? This is completely unacceptable.

1 Like

If you are receiving the form submissions, but emails were not going out, there are generally 2 causes;

1- the client, or a customer they fowarded a lead email to- clicked the unsubscribe link and stopped those notifications permanently
2- the Webflow lead emails were going to spam

Either way, the solution is to stop relying on email for crucial client communications. I deliver website leads directly into Saleforce, Pipedrive or Nutshell. Even Slack. Anything but email, it’s too unreliable.

Yep, totally unacceptable. Same experience with one of my clients. How this could be a thing is beyond me.