Webflow's color picker chrome extension is broken (for me)

Webflow’s color picker chrome extension has recently (in the past few days?) become unusable. There are two major bugs.

1. The eye dropper can select a color and update the HEX text field, but the gradient doesn’t update along with it. It fails to save the selected color.

2. If you drag your mouse too quickly, the zoomed in eye dropper gets “left behind”. You are required to drag your mouse very slowly to select the desired pixels

Video demonstrating both bugs here.

Best,
Christopher

Thank you so much for posting this @ctrav we’ve filed the issue and are looking into a fix! I will let you know as soon as I have an update on the status of the issue. :bowing_man:

1 Like

Yeah, has been for a few days now! :cry:

+1 Just noticed it today.

@rowan @Cricitem @ctrav thank you so much for your patience and understanding! We just pushed a fix for this issue.

Can you please take a look on your end (after refreshing the site in the Designer) to make sure that everything is working correctly with this feature?

If your extension didn’t update automatically to 2.0, then you may need to delete the extension and re-add it:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webflow-chrome-extension/poomgojobmjpninodpbopbeedkgcgiap/related

Please let me now if this resolves the issue :bowing_man:

1 Like

Had to restart the browser, but it’s working perfectly now.

Thank the team for the quick response!

Thanks @Waldo it’s all fixed now!!

On the topic, check this idea out:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.