• Editing background gradient freeze up interface

Started getting a strange behavior in the background gradient editor when trying to change the colors in the gradient.

When double-clicking the swatches in the gradient and pasting in hex-code and/or editing the color, the entire designer interface freezes. Have to reload the browser window to un-freeze. Sometimes when pasting in hex-code in the swatch box (inside the gradient) the entire gradient layer is replaced with a solid color.

Share link

Windows 10 (1703) Chrome browser

Hi @Christoffer

Thanks so much for posting about this.

There is a know issue where the gradient will turn into a solid color if both gradient stops are the same color. We are currently working on a fix for this. A workaround in the mean time is to ensure the color value for the stops never match.

Regarding the other issue of freezing—this definitely sounds odd. I attempted to reproduce the issue on my end but was unable to do so.

Please send me screenshots / recordings of the behavior you’re describing.

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Brando

Will try to reproduce the bug when I’m back in the office tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Christoffer! I’ll be standing by for your reply!

I’m having freezes of the entire site today out of the blue. Have had to re-launch from dashboard at least 10 times. Restarted computer, restarted Chrome.

It appears as if I can still select elements (i.e. things look selected), but they can’t be moved or styled, can’t insert anything, nothing.

Is this an issue anyone else has reported? If not, I’ll be glad to submit a support email.

Sounds a bit like what I’m experiencing!

I am now having issues where I’ll paste in some copy, and for about 10 seconds, I can work. Then, boom! It reverts back to what it was… like I pressed command+Z or something. It undoes the work. Maddening!

I’ve sent in a support email. I can’t wait for someone on the forum to look into this. :slight_smile: Good luck with yours!

Per support, I turned off all Chrome extensions, and that has worked for me. I will troubleshoot them one by one later to figure out where the problem is. Thought you might like to try that as well. Good luck!

Hi @Brando

The problem is not happening in incognito mode. Same thing goes for normal mode with all extensions disabled.

EDIT: Now I got a freeze-up with normal mode and extension disabled.

Here is a video of the bug when using normal mode and all my chrome extensions active.

and a screengrab of the console, just in case:

Hi @ctotty! Thanks for letting us know and for sending in that email! I see Waldo was able to resolve that for you :slight_smile:

@Christoffer thanks so much for letting me know about this and for sending over that video! It is extremely helpful!

I’ve reported the issue to our team and we are investigating it now. I’ll post back here as soon as I have more information :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.