Webflow Publishing Questions

Hi, I just love webflow so I signed up for the $20/month plan but I have a few questions.

1. I want to export the site and upload to my URL. I was told that I could publish the exported website to my URL and there would be no “.webflow.io” like: “my-stupendous-site.webflow.io” in the address. Is this correct?

2. Can I go into the exported code and remove the references to “webflow” and the “made with webflow” portion or is there a problem with that? Also can you please give me link to someone’s webflow website to show the places where webflow advertising appears on the site.

3. Can you please explain (in detail) each of the following “Publishing Options” as I am unsure whether to turn them on or off?

That’s not how it works. You either:

• Export and host on your own webserver, and point your domain name to your server, or
  • Leave it in your account, and point your domain name to Webflow after you pay for hosting

Changing the Webflow scripts and default css is not possible at the moment if you are hosting with Webflow.

To add to this…

Not sure how many sites you will be working on but if you go with a Pro plan, you can select to hide the branding from HTML and that the removes the “generator” meta and the built with statement in HTML.

Ok, thanks to both of you.

Also, could someone please explain what these options In the “Publishing Options” mean:

1. Beautify HTML (Show non-minified HTML on published website) What does this mean?

2. Publish Images using SSL CDN. What does this mean?

3. Minimize CSS Files. What does this mean and why would I want to minimize CSS options?

Beautify HTML (Show non-minified HTML on published website) What does this mean?

By default Webflow minimizes your code. This turns it off and shows non-minified HTML on published website, so that it is in a more readable format.

Publish Images using SSL CDN. What does this mean?

You only need this if your website has SSL.

Minimize CSS Files. What does this mean and why would I want to minimize CSS options?

See second paragraph of the link above. Minification reduces the amount of data that needs to be transferred, and will make your page load slightly faster.

1 Like

samliew,

Thanks for the answers, that helps a lot. :slight_smile:

Lorne

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.