Webflow Meta Data is not updating in preview links when sharing with others on LinkedIn chat, etc

Hi all,

Whenever I cut/paste my Webflow URL in something like LinkedIn chat to share with others, it’s showing meta data that’s outdated.

Our event is currently in our 5th iteration, whereas the Meta Data is showing the 4th iteration. The settings on the home page in Webflow are accurate (title and meta data inputs on the home page), but I can’t seem to figure out how to produce the right meta data. It’s using older meta data.

I’m currently hosting on Webflow w/CMS enabled.

Help?

Here is my site Read-Only: https://www.virtualdesignsprint.com/
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Aww man… no one has a fix to this? Is it something obvious that I’m not seeing? Please let me know.

I have the exact same issue, please someone from the support team to help :slight_smile:

It does take some time for Google to update your site, but this might help: Do THIS for SEO on Webflow Sites | Step by Step Guide - YouTube

In a nutshell, the video concerns SEO, but starting around 5:20, he explains how to get Google to crawl your site and index it sooner than if you didn’t do anything. You’re letting Google know that changes have been made.

If you’ve been using Google Search Console for a while, you might already know about it, but as a newbie, I found the video to be tremendously helpful.

@Spiderbird @Clement_Joslain

1 Like

That’s perfect Amy. Thank you very much for sharing that. :slight_smile:

Now I have a lot of community Webflow videos to peruse. :eyes:

Ha ha! yes it’s fun to geek out here!