Webflow Designer Lagging

I think the problem might be the collection. I tried some new project without large collection that wont lag that much

1 Like

I only have like 68 items in my collection, and 9 in the other.

That doesn’t seem ‘large’ to me.

Not sure if you’ve managed to fix your issue, but just answering in case I could help anyone else.

In my case, the more I used webflow and increased the size of my website, the editor got slower; even on incognito mode. I too was perplexed for almost a whole week, trying to boost my RAM; but to no avail. Then finally, I sought ways to boost my CPU speed. Then I realised that I’d been using a “power mode” that severely limited my CPU speed. I used this tutorial: How to Maximize CPU Usage | Small Business - Chron.com . It fixed all my problems for me. Back to normal now.

1 Like

This is interesting. I’ve given it a shot and hopefully I will see overall performance improvements.

Good looking out.

Thanks!

I started a new project and when I added big (very large) images it started to give lag and it did not stop anymore, now the project is huge, with lots of animation and heavy images … impossible to move …

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/pepsico-report?preview=e2a5f89613352fbf11d072a2205f082a

do a Browser Refresh

Hi @lucaspchara

While it’s possible to upload image files up to 4mb in size, we typically recommend keeping images below 300kb. There are many resources out there which you can use to resize your images other than image optimizing/editing tools like Photoshop or Lightroom.

Here are a few free image optimizing tools:

Resizing these images will greatly improve overall Designer performance.

Hi @andreswaby and @Brando, thanks for the tips, but I already use all of them. All my projects are slow after using them for about 10 to 15 minutes …

The image issue is to warn the webflow staff, who knows they do not find an error related to this. I have other projects that have few images but many classes … more lag yet …

For me, having to press f5 every 15 minutes means that the program is not well structured. Formerly there was no lag, what happened? do not know. The program has grown a lot… who knows … They are doing some crazy update? … I do not know …

In the end … it seems that only I am suffering with so much lag, this unbearable, may be is the Windows? Chrome?

… F5, F5, F5, this being my workflow …

Sorry if I’m being too annoying about this … lately I’ve only complained about it …

1 Like

We have had similar issues. Our website is huge with over 1000 articles and millions of visitors a month. The Editor seems so so slow. And I have also been having issues with the designer.

1 Like

I am using it in Incognito and it has been slow for a while. Difficult to work with.

1 Like

Hi @laveritalondon @cjroe @lucaspchara

If you are having issues with performance in a specific project, can you please create a new thread (as this one has been resolved).

​Thanks in advance for your consideration!

I have created another thread.
And… how can an issue be resolved… when it’s still happening ???

Previously I recommended a couple tools (see above in this thread)
and they do help alleviate the speed / response issues I’ve been encountering.

HOWEVER… as I reported in this thread…

----->>>>> Webflow is becoming excessively slow.

From a Cold Start with nothing loaded

• Webflow is noticeably slower on Macbooks, PC’s, ChromeBooks, ChromeBox’es

I literally (not kidding) have 12 development computers within 10 feet of me… and I use every single computer.

This is not a problem with the computers. This is a Webflow issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.